Pirate 4x4 banner

261 - 280 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I'll probably end up breaking down and buying a pure downhill pig sometime in the near future. There's a pretty sick rig on CL right now for $600.

For now, the Breezer Repack has to do it all for me. It's not bad at all downhill with 6" of travel, but while it's a very stout-built trail bike, it's not built for pure downhill abuse. Hope I don't bust the hell out of it in the meantime.

You are going to bust the hell out of your cute Breezer repack. I ran my Rocky Mountain Element at keystone a couple times; it brutalized it!!! :eek: You could pickup my Ironhorse for a reasonable amount:grinpimp:; I really only used it a couple seasons, been stored indoors since. Stock except for 04' Marzocchi Super T front fork. 8" of super plush coil sprung suspension :smokin:

Or maybe I'll ride it if I can't sell it....

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
You are going to bust the hell out of your cute Breezer repack. I ran my Rocky Mountain Element at keystone a couple times; it brutalized it!!! :eek: You could pickup my Ironhorse for a reasonable amount:grinpimp:; I really only used it a couple seasons, been stored indoors since. Stock except for 04' Marzocchi Super T front fork. 8" of super plush coil sprung suspension :smokin:

Or maybe I'll ride it if I can't sell it....
For now, I'm just going to rent a downhill rig for when I venture up to Keystone or WP. Not gonna a buy right now until I figure out how often I'm actually going to be going. It'll be my first summer with a kid (5 month old daughter) so we'll see how that goes. Snowboarding wasn't really impacted all that much, but the wife enjoys summer activities a lot more than winter so not sure how many daddy fun days I'll have in the summer. I'll be able to hit local trails in the afternoons quite a bit, but not sure abouthow many full day excursions I'll get.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My '14 Cannondale Trigger 29er 3 with a few changes from stock:
- Deity Dirty 30 bars
- ESI extra chunky grips
- Easton Havoc 50mm stem
- XT M8000 brakes with ice-tech rotors
- Crank Bros Mallets
- Race Face NW 30t ring
- WTB PureV saddle
- Specialized Purgatory/Captain combo for the spring and summer

Love this bike. Allows me to monster-truck through most sections that others have to carefully choose their line.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
06 kona coiler, got it a few months ago for a deal. Just recently got back into riding. Right now I'm using it for an all mounting bike and climbing sucks a big one. So next season I'm going to add a nice all mountain to the garage. Probably a transition or salsa of some sort.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
06 kona coiler, got it a few months ago for a deal. Just recently got back into riding. Right now I'm using it for an all mounting bike and climbing sucks a big one. So next season I'm going to add a nice all mountain to the garage. Probably a transition or salsa of some sort.

That's awesome. I have a soft spot for these old school konas.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
PSA: wear a full face helmet if you downhill/freeride

Took a nasty digger today at the vail bike park. Of course last run of the day, blah blah and ended up going over the bars and face first into a tree stump. The face guard saved my ass. Still ended up with 4 stitches under my nose but damn, that shit ain't no joke. It still smarts a little. :shaking:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not sure what moron rides DH/Freeride w/o a fullface. Hell even some of the AM stuff I ride I sometimes don the fullface.

I've always wanted to check out Transition bikes as my friend was/is a factory rider.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Pretty much anything with a 135mm rear spacing is old school. Hub options are getting limited.
Really? My Freeride rig has 150mm rear spacing, but everything else is 135mm. I think my newest ride is an '09 Norco Fluid LT, but unless the 27.5 rage has produced a new rear spacing, why?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Maybe it's me. Was totally think 135 was pretty much out and most had gone to 142 or boost spacing. My new fuse comp6 fattier is using boost.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds like I just need to buy a new MTB!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
My Tallboy got stolen, so I had this built. Ibis Ripley LS. Carbon. X01 Eagle 1x12. I9 wheels with Boost spacing. Fox shocks. Dropper post. Carbon bar. I didn't think I could love a bike more than my Tallboy, but this thing quickly changed my mind. It feels so much lower, more planted, and has a lot more travel. I do miss the tight gear spacing of the 3x10, but I consider it motivation to get stronger / in better shape so I can lug the next gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
This is what got me riding 3 years ago. 2008 Cannondale F7 disc, picked it up used, in a package deal with a 2006 Iguana for my wife. It's an XL, I didn't even know there were different frame sizes when I started. I used it to commute about 10 miles each way, plus trails and we're starting to bikepack.

I just picked this up today:bounce::bounce::bounce: Salsa Timberjack 27.5+. Frame is a Large, so it will fit better. I still plan to commute on it. Of course, the weather is terrible, so I'm playing in the house, maybe I'll put it on the trainer and feel the rumble:laughing:

BTW, the LBS had one of these stolen last night. Fuggin Thieves:mad3:
Salsa Cutthroat

261 - 280 of 333 Posts