Pirate 4x4 banner

321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Zero issues. It's the best fork I've ever run. Smooth through the stroke, great small bump compliance, and takes big hits for days. Like it better than any rockshox or fox fork I've had. There was a recall because of an issue with 5 out of 17,000 forks produced that was solved with loctite and an extra turn of a wrench. Because of the recall, Ohlins gave all owners a free upgrade to the '19 internals, which has made it perform even better, and with the improved seals, it should stay that way between servicing.
I know of 3 guys that trashed them last year. Which is pretty much everyone I know that owned one. I was just curious is all.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Go Jeffsy if you earn your turns and are set on a YT. I'm on an '18 Jeffsy 29 and it's a great all around bike.

Buddy of mine talked to some factory YT guys he saw on a trail ride and they were on jeffsy 29's, said the capra is way overkill unless you're on a chairlift often.
TBH I just checked and saw the addition on the XXL frame, wasn't even a option for me till this years model. I'll need a XXL, I wont even think of another bike with less than a 495mm reach. I've already rode a friends Capra though, not so much different than my Slash or Rune setup slack and 35% sag.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I make bicycle frames for a living and built an unusual frame for a customer and got to ride it a bit before sending it off. It's not for everyone but works well for me and where I ride. Ill build another for myself.

Untitled by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Picked up a used specialized fuse a few months ago for riding around the race pits. Then decided to try out some singletrack on it recently. Waaaaay more work than the dirt bikes but a lot more trails near me I can ride. Just picked up an SC 5010 v1 frame to build up too.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
I make bicycle frames for a living and built an unusual frame for a customer and got to ride it a bit before sending it off. It's not for everyone but works well for me and where I ride. Ill build another for myself.
Looks like a fun dirt jumper, tight technical trail ride :smokin:

Well, starting over since PB ruined my previous posts... My go to gravel grinder/wannabe pavement pounder:

more bikes to come...

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
This just showed up at my doorstep. Put it together while the boy takes a nap.

Commencal Meta HT.

I went with this because of the 65 degree head tube.

This is their Origin build, which is the lowest build. I'll ride / upgrade as I see fit.

Looking forward to riding when the snow / rain stops.

Attachments

321 - 333 of 333 Posts