Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am swapping a D44HP from an F250 and will be running some blingy ass H2 wheels. What lug nuts should I use. The standard 1/2-20 nuts that were used on the steel wheels are too small and the H2's use some metric 14 mm. Anyone have a brand/part number for a reasonably priced piece?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I use a standard 1/2 right hand thread lug nut form the tire stores and no problems. Actually the fronts are all off my old jeep :flipoff2:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What part of "The standard 1/2-20 nuts that were used on the steel wheels are too small" did you miss? LOL :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
to small as in how

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
go to the local parts house and take a look at the aftermarket 1/2" lug nuts they have. you need ones with large flanges.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welndmn said:
to small as in how
Too small as in the OD of the conical section of the standard lug nut almost falls through the hole in the wheels. I am going to NAPA tomorrow and will see what they have. I talked to them on the phone and I have prices ranging between $1.25 ea to $4.00 each! :eek: I don't want to be spending another $100 plus on just some fawkin lug nuts!

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
go the JY and get some bigger lug nuts..

My 88' F-250 uses 1 1/8" lug nuts...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jrod-13 said:
go the JY and get some bigger lug nuts..

My 88' F-250 uses 1 1/8" lug nuts...
I think you'll find they are actually 9/16" threads.

JJS...you are right. I went to NAPA and they have some bulged acorn style which have a larger flange. I am still looking for a cheaper alternantive although I don't mind spending a buck or so a lug, just not $4 each! I'll have to see how much the McGard brand are. I used these on my van when I bought the AR wheels and they have no signs of rust or even scratches!

Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
yeah, I meant they fit a 1 1/8" socket, indicating they are a rather large overall sized nut, that should not have any problems slipping through the holes on a H2 rim..

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I buy my lug nuts from www.patchboy.com. Great prices on just about any size or type of lug nut you might want. I like the open-end, bulge lug nuts with a 13/16" hex size. Those should have enough surface area in the cone. I'm assuming that you've already confirmed that your wheel studs are the normal 1/2-20 thread since your old nuts will thread on. I'm not familiar with the Hummer wheels but you might want to confirm that they use the conical seat style lug nut.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
are you sure you need an acorn style nut :confused:

I spent more on my lugnuts than I did on my rims. Shouldered. Got the rims for 50 and spent 90 on lugnuts. Dont want a tire falling off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts