Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title pretty much says it all. oh and for an 8" diff.

I did a bunch of searching on here and Erik's page with no luck.

I would like to be able to call junkyards and say "I need a third member for a 19** _____ with the ____ engine and ____ tranny"

thanks

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
Early 90's runners with Auto tranny, 31" tires, as for lockers, there are a few out there, I have been told that a 4cyl ARB will work but I do not have solid proof, so that make it hearsay!!!!Why don't you take what you have and regear them??????:D

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I dont think that they ever came w/4.88's. 79-April 81 had 4.37's, and some 90's and 91's came w/4.56's.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
As was said, only V-6 automatics with factory 31's.

95 should be the last year and I don't think that 90 and 91 have them.

In 95, it would have been all automatic Limiteds, but that is the only year of the Limited.

Pretty slim pickings if it is 93-95.

Detroit lists a separate carrier for the 4.88 factory gears. If you are locking it, why not go aftermarket so you can chose any old locker as well?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
From what i recall with a talk with Marlin is that they came behind V6 autos with 31" tires. The gears are completely unique and possibly the carrier too to that model. You'd be better off just getting a standard rearend and getting some 4.88's.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I believe they will take aftermarket gears but a spacer is required between the ring gear and the carrier (or is it the other way around?) the only reason I got my stock 4.88 v6 diff was because I planned on going with 4.88s, already had a lockrite for a v6 diff, and scored it off ebay for $146 :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Flygtenstein said:
As was said, only V-6 automatics with factory 31's.

95 should be the last year and I don't think that 90 and 91 have them.
yes. look for v6 auto's and factory 31's. G144 should be on the door jam.

In 95, it would have been all automatic Limiteds, but that is the only year of the Limited.
no. i have a '95 and it is not a limited. vt auto w/ 31's and G144 on the door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts