Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright-wife has 98 jimmy with computer.
she swears at it dailly and has finally come and told me she wants her 51 suburban to be built 4x4 with a 4cyl diesel and no computer if possible.
looking to run a 700R4, MAYBE the jimmy 3.42 axles and some sort of 4 cyl diesel for MPG.
looking for reliable, average power turbo 4 cyl diesel to put into my 1951 chevy suburban. im an excellent fabricator. looking for info regarding general dimensions and longblock wieght.
looking for over 100hp, prefer in the 125+ range. will be wifes 'car' to drive around.
PRIORITY-better than 20MPG!
gearing will be whatever you reccomend. i have my eye on a set of 3.42 axles. this will NOT be driven in extreme 4x4. the 4x4 is for icy/snowy paved road conditions and the annual christmas tree run up in the forest. no dirt, no rocks... so no solid front axle.
there are absolutly ZERO smog issues as the year of body is NOT required to be smogged ever.
mark

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
And what does this have to do with a Dodge?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Been here since 2004 and still doesn't know why there are all the vehicle brands on the tech page....gee golly whiskers, I gots me a danged ol Chevy but Imma gonna post that dumbass tech sheeit in the Doddge forum.

I'm guessing he clicked the wrong link, trying to get to the Chevy forum (right above the Dodge forum)....at least I hope he did.

If this is the case, copy your txt, delete this tread, and move it to Chevy where you'll get more info and probably in a nicer way.

If not, and you are a total fucking idiot....Drink bleach. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I'm guessing he clicked the wrong link, trying to get to the Chevy forum (right above the Dodge forum)....at least I hope he did.
Hmm, I don't think your skills are much better. The Chevy forum is the top one and the Dodge forum is 2 down from the top. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
262 Posts
wow... talk in circles much?

·
Registered
233 Posts
alright-wife has 98 jimmy with computer.
she swears at it dailly and has finally come and told me she wants her 51 suburban to be built 4x4 with a 4cyl diesel and no computer if possible.
looking to run a 700R4, MAYBE the jimmy 3.42 axles and some sort of 4 cyl diesel for MPG.
looking for reliable, average power turbo 4 cyl diesel to put into my 1951 chevy suburban. im an excellent fabricator. looking for info regarding general dimensions and longblock wieght.
looking for over 100hp, prefer in the 125+ range. will be wifes 'car' to drive around.
PRIORITY-better than 20MPG!
gearing will be whatever you reccomend. i have my eye on a set of 3.42 axles. this will NOT be driven in extreme 4x4. the 4x4 is for icy/snowy paved road conditions and the annual christmas tree run up in the forest. no dirt, no rocks... so no solid front axle.
there are absolutly ZERO smog issues as the year of body is NOT required to be smogged ever.
mark
whats wrong with computers?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have never heard of anyone dreaming of a 4cyl deisel either.......must be a Chevy thing????????

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Well a Cummins 4BT is a nice engine in the right truck. Makes an excellent engine for a M-715 or similar. But that only has passing relevance to a Dodge in the fact that the 4BT is basically a 6BT with two cylinders missing. Still, I could give a god's testicle less about a Chevy anything no matter what he does to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts