Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
Yard work, got the pool going for the daughter, watched said daughter swim with the neighborhood kids. Drank alcohol, BBQ food, worked out,BLA BLA BLA........................

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Nothing Saturday, still nursing bruised/cracked ribs from over a month ago. Saturday went to the lake for Father's day, ate Angus steaks and corn on the cob.

I was hoping to head out of town for a bit and pick up a new ride. Now it looks like I'll be picking it up Tuesday.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Thursday: Went to my cousin's highschool graduation.

Friday: Ran errands in Portland and hung out with the GF

Saturday: Went to IHSTO's body work seminar and watched a master teach a bunch of club members the basics of body work. It was an extremely successful event, everyone learned something and a few lucky members ended up with much straighter trucks. Finished the day off with the cousin's grad party. A great weekend if you ask me!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Pushed the CJ7 project into the backyard... no money from cust = no work:mad3:

Built a lockable jerry can mount for my brothers Toyota....

Then made a new X-member for his rear winch.... with a dual battery next to it, and also mounted up an air tank too.

PS, Nothing Scout related:mad3:

:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Thursday, pull my regular hours then went straight to an emergency job and laid 1/2 mile of 4" temporary pipeline through the woods. Took all night due to the driving winds, monsoon-like downpour and hail from a tornado producing storm. 22 hours total. Slept all day Friday, worthless on Saturday and hung out with dad on Sunday.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Shot up a few $100.00s worth of pistol ammo. Looks like I'll have to start reloading again with these ammo prices.

Wheeled the other SSII and the H3. The Scout broke a stub axle.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Picked up a scout 2 to start building. started cleaning it up, installed body bushings and put the dana 60 under the front.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Shot up a few $100.00s worth of pistol ammo. Looks like I'll have to start reloading again with these ammo prices.

Wheeled the other SSII and the H3. The Scout broke a stub axle.
What caliber are you shooting? I looked into reloading and there is no way I reload it as cheap or cheaper than I can buy Winchester target rounds at Wal-Mart. But that's for .40 S&W.

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
Sat:
Rebuilt my PS box....
It solved my Death Wobble issues (I think).

Sunday:
Discovered that I left 1 bearing ball thingy out.:homer:

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Sat:
Rebuilt my PS box....
It solved my Death Wobble issues (I think).

Sunday:
Discovered that I left 1 bearing ball thingy out.:homer:
Extra parts!!! Cool, now you have a spare! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Been a hellish past month...

A month ago this happened while going 70mph...

This predicated the girlfriend to get a new car...been dealing with that...

This past weekend I finally realized my whole goal for renting the house that I am renting. I moved the shit-box into the garage:eek:. It has been raining and basically shit weather the past couple of weeks and the Scout has been getting pounded.

Saturday morning the garage got organized enough stuff (plus we had a yardsale Memorial Day weekend) to make room. We went to a B-day party for a best friends little one and Saturday evening...

I let the 10 year old back it out of the side yard...:shaking: I almost lost the back fence and the gate. He now has an appreciation for 525 ft/lbs of torque...:laughing:

Took the rig for a spin around the new neighborhood and parked it in it's new home.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Drove the family in the Scout over to the park to launch the rocket on Father's Day

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Picked up a new set of tires (35" bfg muds) and threw them on. Tore down the front d44 that's been sitting in the yard for about 5 years to get it cut/turned/hi-steered so that I'll finally have matching gears again and can put the front shaft in. It's only been about 4 years since the rear went in. Of course, I doubt it's logged 1000 miles since then. Anyway, ground down the housing to accept a perch and test fit some of the new parts. There's a little interference between the partsmike knuckle and the Blackbirds customs' brake backing plate. It should take only minor grinding to make it work, but it was getting a little late for power tools, so it'll have to wait. Also, I'm a little apprehensive about getting the angles right on the pinion and caster, but hopefully I'll have it done by the end of this weekend. (if not another 5 years)

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Pushed the CJ7 project into the backyard... no money from cust = no work:mad3:

Built a lockable jerry can mount for my brothers Toyota....

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/scout254/duane/Jerry%20Can%20Mount/P6110001.jpg[IMG]

Then made a new X-member for his rear winch.... with a dual battery next to it, and also mounted up an air tank too.

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/scout254/duane/Winch%20Mount/P6140006.jpg

PS, Nothing Scout related:mad3:

:flipoff2:
Why does it sit back like that?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Past few weeks summary

Been slowly plugging away at my Scout. While not all done over this weekend I have gotten the following stuff finished: trussed front axle; installed Yukon super joints and Warn 30 spline outer stub shafts; added new dual shock mounts to axle; installed GLO front diff cover; got back aluminum radiator with correct inlet / outlet; built mounting tabs and aluminum support brackets using new dimple dies; epoxied my trimmed Taurus fan shroud to a sheet of ABS and reamed knuckles and pitman arm for 3/4 ton TRE from Parts Mike.

Here are a few pictures ...

Few more can be found here:

http://www.jpeater.com/photogallery/thumbnails.php?album=7

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
What caliber are you shooting? I looked into reloading and there is no way I reload it as cheap or cheaper than I can buy Winchester target rounds at Wal-Mart. But that's for .40 S&W.
Everything From a 22-44, no nines though. I won't mention how many pistols and revolvers we posses. :)

I used to shoot for Pro-Load in local area events when they was in business in the mid 90s in N. ID.. Free ammo then. They even had my guns tuned also. :smokin:
They had velocity numbers that you couldn't duplicate even if reloading. Powder blending is what they told me. I sure as hell won't mess with that. I'm sure that is how they have the new 338 Federal so fast with such small powder capacity.

When I reload, I can load 300 Weatherby for 50 cents a round. I haven't done pistol in a while as I don't shoot competitively any more.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Everything From a 22-44, no nines though. I won't mention how many pistols and revolvers we posses. :)

I used to shoot for Pro-Load in local area events when they was in business in the mid 90s in N. ID.. Free ammo then. They even had my guns tuned also. :smokin:
They had velocity numbers that you couldn't duplicate even if reloading. Powder blending is what they told me. I sure as hell won't mess with that. I'm sure that is how they have the new 338 Federal so fast with such small powder capacity.

When I reload, I can load 300 Weatherby for 50 cents a round. I haven't done pistol in a while as I don't shoot competitively any more.
I just buy the Winchester shit for target rounds... I can get it for about 28 cents per round. A quick look at the reloading supplies and I can't really beat that. Maybe just a little, but then it would take about 100 years for the press to pay for itself. For me, there is no sense in reloading unless I just wanted some custom tailored rounds.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts