Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm building this tube buggy and i want to put the suzuki 1.6FI engine and drivetrain and my ? is this, what is the best year/model to use and why.. Also do you think its better :D "cheaper" :D to try and find a running rig or get the whole thing from the salvage yard?? :

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
crawldaddy said:
So i'm building this tube buggy and i want to put the suzuki 1.6FI engine and drivetrain and my ? is this, what is the best year/model to use and why.. Also do you think its better :D "cheaper" :D to try and find a running rig or get the whole thing from the salvage yard?? :

2.0 and get the whole donor if possible. more torque than the 1.6. you wouldn't happen to be from Clinton MS would you ?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
crawldaddy said:
What does the 2.0 come out of? Ok i dont know anything about suzukis so how about alittle more info. I live in cetral cali.
thought you were someone else :D the 2.0 is in 99 and up chevy trackers and suzuki vitara's. around 135 hp and 135 ftlbs of torque.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whistle pig said:
thought you were someone else :D the 2.0 is in 99 and up chevy trackers and suzuki vitara's. around 135 hp and 135 ftlbs of torque.

Is the trans and transfer good out of those? can u put the low gear sets in them? Where can I find all the specs on there drivetrains?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts