Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need spare shafts and need to know what other D44's I can pull shaft from and have them be the correct length. I have that article from what's his name about the D44's. But my brain is fried and I couldn't put two and two together.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
i used to put dodge ones in my ford d44, all i did was grab my mesurements and spline count then go to the local pick-n-pull

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is, around here, most fronts are picked clean before they even hit the ground.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Problem is, around here, most fronts are picked clean before they even hit the ground.
Funny, I had a complete chevy set( 1 short, 1 long & 2 stubs) for sale here and didn't get a bite. I was asking 80 bucks or 20. each.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've been trying to find some local just because of shipping joys. Knowing my luck I have a Chevy axle built by special little elves that thought it would be fun to make mine one inch shorter all around and normal replacements wouldn't work.

Still got'em for sale?:D I will take mine out and measure them.

·
Registered
871 Posts
For the outer shafts, I'm almost positive you can use the ones from a 10 bolt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Basically all older fords, Jeep wagoneers, Chevy 10 bolts. Just make sure you make sure the measurements are close and the spline counts match. I used to play that game. I went to the junk yard almost every weekend looking for spare shafts. Pretty soon I realized that buying spare junk shafts was eventually going to cost as much as warrantied shafts. If you can't afford full chromoly at least try to get some yukons from Randy's. They have some that are not chromoly but still stronger than stock and with a warranty. Keep checking the pull a part in Nashville. We used to go down there all the time when I lived in TN.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here this should be helpful

1 - 9 of 9 Posts