Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 suburban with the 8.1 motor. With 90k on it the radatior is leaking.

Now for the questions........

1. Looking on line I see that there are two radatiors listed, one with 3/8 trans lines for the 4spd auto and one with 5/8lines for the 5spd auto ...... There were no Suburbans with the Allison , right??

I did measure the line, its 3/8s on the passanger side and it looks bigger on the drivers side.......

2. I'm thinking about getting the radatior from Performance Radatior for $350 http://www.usaradiator.com/CHEVROLET--SUBURBAN--2002.html OR is there a better radatior thats not overly expensive?

Thanks and :flipoff2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
The drivers side lines will be larger. They are the built in oil cooler lines that come off the filter housing and run along the frame rail to the radiator.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drivers side lines will be larger. They are the built in oil cooler lines that come off the filter housing and run along the frame rail to the radiator.

:laughing: The garage cooled down enough for me to get a better look and I realized it was the oil cooler :laughing:

Anyone had any problems with those "Made in where ever" radatiors? I'm thinking it cant be much worse than the original?

thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02-03-04-Chevy-GMC-Pickup-8-1-Liter-Radiator-Delphi_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33602QQihZ005QQitemZ150165821254QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

This Person ( thepartsladi ) poped up recently selling OEM replacment at resonable prices. I bought a cheap china radiator for my 99 K2500 sub W/454 locally for about $180 I coulda got an OEM style from this Person for $220 . The China one I got is not nearly as nice. At the time my cost through the dealer on OEM was like $350 and I did not have the extra cash. If this was avalible at the time I woulda bought it instead. I might still buy one and change it out. The china one works but I am a stickler for quality....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts