Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 suburban with the 8.1 motor. With 90k on it the radatior is leaking.

Now for the questions........

1. Looking on line I see that there are two radatiors listed, one with 3/8 trans lines for the 4spd auto and one with 5/8lines for the 5spd auto ...... There were no Suburbans with the Allison , right??

I did measure the line, its 3/8s on the passanger side and it looks bigger on the drivers side.......

2. I'm thinking about getting the radatior from Performance Radatior for $350 http://www.usaradiator.com/CHEVROLET--SUBURBAN--2002.html OR is there a better radatior thats not overly expensive?

Thanks and :flipoff2:

· Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drivers side lines will be larger. They are the built in oil cooler lines that come off the filter housing and run along the frame rail to the radiator.

:laughing: The garage cooled down enough for me to get a better look and I realized it was the oil cooler :laughing:

Anyone had any problems with those "Made in where ever" radatiors? I'm thinking it cant be much worse than the original?

thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.