Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What radiator would you recommend for a Chevy V-8 swap into a CJ? I have a 2000 Vortec 6.0 litre that I'm putting in my Scrambler. I know several distributors sell radiators. Which is the best one for the price? Also, I have found only AA has motor mounts for Gen.III motors. Anyone else that has the 4 bolt motor mounts? Novak said they might me able to fab me some. MORE does not make them yet. Thanks

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Griffen, find the one that fits best and weld tabs on the side of it for mounting, my last on I got for $180, and paid $25 bucks for the tig welding.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had a C&R in my CJ and it worked incredible. I had it custom built to fit between the headlight openings and even had a trans cooler built into it. It was very expensive but it worked flawlessly. Our moon buggy runs a griffin and it works very well too. As for the mm I would fab some up since there aren't really any available that I have seen.

Matt Holm
Outer Limit Motorsports

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
I would reccomend a Griffin from Novak-Adapt. Got mine real quick and it works great. I also got the electric fan they sell for it and my motor has only seen 210 once, its always at 180. I also got the tranny cooler built in.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice, that 's exactly what I was looking for,

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
www.speedwaymotors.com thier brand aluminum radiators. using 2 of them with ZERO problems and they are cheap

·
Registered
135 Posts
it doesnt matter what radiator you run........its a chevy so it will be a piece if shit no matter what

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
76cj5inprogress said:
it doesnt matter what radiator you run........its a chevy so it will be a piece if shit no matter what
and you are pimping a what with your badassedness? :rolleyes:

because i would realy like to compair it to what this guy is swaping in his jeep :laughing:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a 3 core in my CJ with a 258. When I put the SB Chevy in I took the rad to a rad shop and they swaped the necks for me for $20. No shrowd and I use a 17" 7 blad fan with a Fan clutch from a BB. Runs verry cool all day.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have a griffin aluminum I got from ebay and works fine. Without the aux fan it will go up to 240 on a hot crawling day. With the aux fan goes down to 210.

Im running no fenders and a mild 383. HTH

1 - 15 of 15 Posts