Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something like a Federal Motor Vehicle standard for UTV's? Or some general standard on most trails/ORV parks that defines how big or heavy a UTV is allowed to be, or what features it can and can't have?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new Mahindra Roxor mini-Jeep is considered a UTV and has a 2.5L diesel. Curb weight is over 3000lbs! With those specs it seems that anything can be considered a UTV. Maximum speed is 45mph but there are UTV's much faster than this so I don't know where the limit is.

·
UTVGuide.net
2,836 Posts
The new Mahindra Roxor mini-Jeep is considered a UTV and has a 2.5L diesel. Curb weight is over 3000lbs! With those specs it seems that anything can be considered a UTV. Maximum speed is 45mph but there are UTV's much faster than this so I don't know where the limit is.
I don't think it is considered a UTV. Where did you find that?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it is considered a UTV. Where did you find that?
From their website:
"ROXOR is a new side-by-side vehicle based on Mahindra’s 70 years of experience in building rugged off-road vehicles.

This is an off-road vehicle only, therefore it is NOT legal for use on any public street or highway. The ROXOR was designed and engineered to comply with off-highway vehicle standards such as those promulgated by ANSI/ROHVA (American National Standards Institute/Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association), the premier member organization charged with setting forth stringent safety rules for vehicles like our ROXOR Side-by-Side. The “off-road only” nature of ROXOR also keeps the price point well below those of street legal SUVs and 4x4s."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts