Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow wheelers i have never been there i know where it is but I dont know what else i should do to my rig or what i should take with me when i go I have a 1983 toyota with a lift and 33 and a locker in the rear can you please help me out ?????????? thank you for your time ...

Steven Sacramento ca

·
Registered
262 Posts
you should get some seat time and good tires, but a toy on 33's with a locker can make it.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Peel out. Everyone needs to start somewhere. Just think of it as the beginning of the learning curve. Most of all go into the woods and enjoy your rig. If you take your time and hit the legal bypasses then you shouldnt have an issue.

.....And carry a spare J-arm:D

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
you need to go to the gas station, fill it up, get a bag of chips, a few soda's, a premade nitrogen packed sandwich, and get the fawk on the trail.

·
16,230 Posts
Your toy will have no problems.

Don't go in alone, find someone experienced on the trail to travel with you. Pick up a spill kit and a shitter from the FOTR booth at Loon.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
As mentioned you will want some rock sliders, and if you are concerned about damaging the bed and front fenders, good strong front and rear bumpers would be helpful. If you are looking to make it easier for you and your rig, a set of dual transfer cases are about the best mod you could do for the trails. Even w/o the dual cases you should be able to make it through, though how much damage you do to your rig will depend on your driving skills, and your ability to pick the best line through the trail for your rig.

Spare parts:
front and rear drivelines
steering components
hub
same size spare tire, and tire plugs
duct tape(to make tire plugs when you run out of the kit, roll up the tape sticky side out and stuff in the sliced sidewall
ratchet tie-down straps
heavy duty zip ties
set of long battery cables
spare pieces of steel and welding rods(the longer batter cable will be helpful)
tools to do all the repairs you might encounter on the trail
a spare coil and some extra spark plug wires are helpful but not nec. needed.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Like others have said depends on driver skill but you can make it.
Less skill = more body damage and broken parts. I think you may get more help if you list your skill level like other trails you may have already done and how experienced you are with fixing your truck if something does go wrong.

if you don't have much wheeling experience, find someone experienced to go with and you should be fine.

By the way, spend money gearing the t-case before gearing the axles unless you really need to drive to the trail. t-case will get you more bang for the buck on the trail and save other breakage on the trail. if you care about body damage or opening and closing your doors later put some rock sliders on at the very least.

·
Registered
856 Posts
ok STOP.
if you have to ask your not ready for the Con. Go play on some milder trails, 1. have fun
2. get stuck
3. get muddy, get unstuck
4. have fun
5, break something
6. fix
7. have fun
8. break something again

REPEAT over and over, in the end you will know how to drive, how to avoid trouble and have a built rig. Now go to Con without being another ASSHAT.

·
Registered
886 Posts
[
Code:
Spare parts:
front and rear drivelines
steering components
hub
same size spare tire, and tire plugs
duct tape(to make tire plugs when you run out of the kit, roll up the tape sticky side out and stuff in the sliced sidewall
ratchet tie-down straps
heavy duty zip ties
set of long battery cables
spare pieces of steel and welding rods(the longer batter cable will be helpful)
tools to do all the repairs you might encounter on the trail
a spare coil and some extra spark plug wires are helpful but not nec. needed.[/QUOTE]
:confused: The most important a berf or two :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
buy a top truck challenge video and study it for two straight weeks,then run through a turkey farm naked,then do a couple of cky stunts,your ready:D
oh yea,beer + wheelin'=breakage

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Hello fellow wheelers i have never been there i know where it is but I dont know what else i should do to my rig or what i should take with me when i go I have a 1983 toyota with a lift and 33 and a locker in the rear can you please help me out ?????????? thank you for your time ...

Steven Sacramento ca
upgrade the steering to an ifs power steering box and high steer($500 or less), then add a second transfer case($500 or less)...your truck well easily do the rubicon then and you wont be a trailplug...go with people who have gone before and have fun! clean up your trash and stay on the designated route!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts