• 60"

Votes: 72 59.5%
  • Don't carry one

Votes: 9 7.4%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I bought a 48" and wouldn't even lift the back tires off the ground. I took it right back and traded for a 60". At that time it had 2" blocks in the rear and stock leafs with 33x9.50 AT tires. Coarse I had a tube bumper that I built that was alot higher than the stock bumper. On a stock truck I think a 48" lift would be O.K. but on anything thats lifted a 60" is the only way to go, IMHO. Here's a picture

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Yeah, my 60 gets up there when picking up my 4 runner. I just shove mine on the side of the seat and wedge it against the back of the truck. I also dont have a roll bar though. One thing i have seen is to have people bolt it ot the roll bar, which may work, but I dont know as i dont have a factory roll bar. My sugguestion though is to leave it inside the truck.. they dont work nearly as well when they are rusty.. and you seem to always find that out whe nyou are in a jam.

Garrett

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a 48" right now, and I have use all of the jack to get my back wheels off the ground. 60" would be nice for those odd ball you never know situations. The 48" does fit nicely inside my toolbox though, keeps it out of the weather.

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
60" im on 31's with stock suspension and have ran out of jack before. dont ask it was stupid. 48" will do fine till that one time your sitting there thinkin ... i should have just gotten the 60. GO BIG OR GO HOME

·
Registered
11,315 Posts
My 48 just barely fits behind my seat (standard cab 1 gen pickup) and thats a must. I needed a highlift and I didnt want to worry about its location.

Its like my shovel I take with me wheeling. Its a standard size shovel I throw in the bed when I KNOW I am going wheeling. The other day at Sears I found a 3 foot one that fits behind my seat with the high lift. So now if I forget my shovel or endup on a unplanned wheeling trip I still have a shovel of sorts.

It would bother me to have to worry about if I remembered my 60 Highlift.

All I have to now is find a decent fishing pole to fit behind my seat with the rest of the junk!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.