Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOA on a buddies YJ... has a d30 & 35...he needs to know what size perches to use(diameter) 2 3/8 or 3" or what? TIA

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Just go to the Dodge stealership and get part # P4120074. It is a set of two perches that are for a d44 (3" axle tubes). These work fine on the YJ d30 axle (2 & 1/2 or 3/4" axle tubes, I cant remember), for SOA. On one of the perches, you'll have to use an angle grinder to remove the steel where the the perch goes on the cast past of the differential. Welding to cast is fun... Or, you can go here and get part #98103, that is made with the off-set on the perch.

FYI, the dodge perches are $9.50 for the set and the MORE ones are around $45...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
he was going to northern and getting trailer spring perches up to 6000 lbs...so i should tell him to get 3"?

EDIT: im not sure what u mean talking about grinding, grind the cast of the diff or the perch?

why u say welding on cast is fun? someone else is doing the welding for me

·
Registered
531 Posts
You need to grind part of the perch on one side, because the cast part of the pumpkin sits higher on the tube, and only one side of the perch rests on it. I bought the Rubicon Express SOA kit (I know, I know, that was over a year and a half ago), and one perch is made for that already, but those cost you. I don't think they were the right radius for the tube, but they worked.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol ok u caught me, it was going to be a surprise...i got project jeep # 2

daily driver 91 2.5 yada yada yada

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Special Ed said:
he was going to northern and getting trailer spring perches up to 6000 lbs...so i should tell him to get 3"?
I aint telling you to get shit.... (there, now i'm not liable)

The perches i'm talking about are a hair bigger than the d30 axle tubes, buy they still work awesome. I'm just trying to steer a guy towards saving a buck or two. They are about the best value around, when buying perches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts