Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,405 Posts
I have another question to add to that.....
There must be a lot of alternatives to high priced shocks, or there must be vehicles that run a long enough shock to use for a SPOA Sammi application.
Anybody have any sugestions ?
Like maybe cheap shocks off the shelf from your local auto parts store ?

· Registered
1,405 Posts
I used monroe shocks off of an f-150 for the front of my Sammy. That was still with stock mounts and 3-4 inches of spring under lift. It rode like ass but it worked good for jumpin. :smokin: Maybe you could look into shocks off of the back of a smaller truck like a ranger. I know they are pretty long, but I don't have any measurements or anything. If they're too short, look into cheap lifted shocks like the ones out of jcwhitney.
that's what I'm talkin about :D

I know there are some very inexpensive shocks to be had from NAPA, and I know Monroe makes some as well all in the "tight budget" range.
And if you look thru what they have to offer, I'm sure you'd find somthing that'd fit a SOA Zuk, and work well.

Pro-Comp makes extended shocks for about $32 ea outta Summit Racing Catalog.

I'm also headed for the local Pick-n Pull wrecking yard to look at some long shocks off a truck like the Supahfly suggested. That could be the ultimate deal in finding a good shock for the money.
Needless to say, I'm on a tight budget. I got three kids and just spent my life's savings on Christmas. LOL

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Hey Don, ive had good luck with the procomp shocks from summit, they can be had for like $20 something bucks a piece, and free shipping, they carry all different lengths too. Kodi
Thanks KodeMan, I've been lookin at those Pro comp shocks, just got the new catalog in the mail, :)

Since I did my spring over the little truck drives better than ever.....should of done it a long time ago.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Went to PNP over the weekend, they were having a half price sale for the holidays

got some shocks off the rear of a Toyota pickup that look like they will be perfect for the rear of my SOA Sammi

$4.00 each !:D

got some other cool shit too, a couple Sidekick alternators, 2 Sidekick front difs and the shocks all for about $100 bucks !!
I"M STOKED !:D :smokin: :cool2:

My pile of junk is gettin bigger !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.