Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in between the BFgoodrich Mud terrians and the GoodYear Wrangler MT/R's And i was woundering what tire does better off road on low air pressure, and on road, they bolth have similar qualities on the discription please help me out thanks.

I have a 1979 jeep J20 pickup crawler...

·
Premium Member
5,755 Posts
Given the choices...

More off road = BFG

More on road (DD type vehicle) with little mud when off road GY Wrangler

Just my .02

·
Registered
79 Posts
depends on your style of wheelin. MTR great for dry weather crawlin and rocks, not so hot in the mud. BFG are fairly good at just about everything. having ran both i would go with MTR but they are a little more $$$

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 1979 Jeep J-20 Pickup truck with dana axels front and back 4" lift with 3" body lift and i want to put iether 35" or 37" tires

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i do mostly desert rocky granite and sand i hardly ever get in mud i live in sothern california so i do alot of dry wheeling

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
My experiance shows the BFG's lasting longer with street driving. I do think that the MT/R's are a better all around tire though. The sidewalls are thicker and there are some added sipes for wet traction. If you do a bunch of street driving, I would consider the BFG's. My last set went to around 50K with religious rotations and constant air pressure checks. I now have MT/R's and they are great but I doubt they will go to 40K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts