Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, I would sugest either the BFG MT's or the Goodyear MTR's over the boggers if you drive on the street more that once or twice a year....

MB

·
Registered
696 Posts
IMO, it depends on terrain. Like I said above, I've heard terrible things about MT/R's in mud. (BFG MT=BFGoodrich Mud Terrain)

Now, if you run much rock, many have raved about the MT/R's abilities in the rocks. (MT/R=Maximum Traction / Radial)

Both are radials and priced, similarly. Pick which ever one better suits your terrain.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your boggers are kind of a hard core tire and definitely not very good on asphalt. The consensus thing kind of boils down to Goodyear MTRs or BFG MTs. They are both good on or off road. The BFG is much better in mud than the MTR and I'm not just basing this on other people's opinion, I've seen it myself. They are both good on loose dirt, rocks, etc. The BFG is less expensive and that is what would decide it for me. (By the way I think the R in the MTR is for reinforced. What do I run on my CJ? TSLs but where I live there is a lot of mud.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Why don't you ask the locals or ask Shannon, seems like you've got an in there. They would know more about AZ than most on this board. The AZ guys I know complain about the side walls on MTR and Krawkers. I see lots of TSL, SX. IROK's in AZ. They seem more popular than the Boggers. Maxxis and Pit Bull might be options worth considering, but I don't know how they perform on AZ rocks.

I've got 35" MTR's on 15x8 on my SOA CJ-5 and I think their too short when aired down to 10psi. I think I'll be going to 37" soon. But then agin I don't have a D30. I've got a Dynatrac Chevy D44 and I'm worried about it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't go with MTR's, they clog up too easy,

BFG M/T's are a lot better

21 - 28 of 28 Posts