Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've heard many oppinions on this but i dont know who to go with.... i bought Dana 60 axles and some people told me the smallest tires i should go with it atleat a 40 and some others told me that a 38 would be fine and if i went above a 39 the axel shafts would start breaking

·
Registered
20 Posts
tough question without more info from you
Vehicle?
Motor? (anything done to it?)
How do you use it, people that are going to be racing, jumping, and just beating the sh!t out of it are going to break with the smaller tires
I have a buddy that is welded front and rear with dana 60 on 42's that are custom cut and hasn't broke a shaft

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 87 YJ with a chevy 350 crate engine with ARB lockers front and rear and people say that 38 are going to make the diff hit alot when rock crawling, i just dont know what gears to get untill i get the right tires

·
Registered
1,798 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Black ones are always in good taste........

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
I like the red tires with the size written back wards on them

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
You should put some low profile tires on a Dana 60, you need to have a LCG for a Dana 60, it is way to heavy for 49" tires!!!! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
As far as gears go, get the 2.12's. They are the ultra low rock crawling gears that are all the rage these days. ALL the comp guys use them and they are specially made for the dana 60.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I found that the best tires to use are pit and pat brand... You cut a LARGE hole in the driver's side floor and put yer feet through the hole...pit and pat can get you over anything. The best part is that the more you use them, the rougher they get!

Tuesday on Mars?

·
Registered
115 Posts
in2gpn said:
I don't know about tire but for wheels I would use some 100 spoke gold Dayton's BLING BLING :flipoff2:
No way this is for wheeling. You need 24" Bead Lock spinners :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts