Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a 99 runner axle. It has a hole on each end of the axle housing for some anti lock bulls!t. Can I simply weld it closed, or is there more to it than just covering it. If you look down the hole there are some gears of some sort, I have no clue about ABS.

Tanks
Jon

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
if it is the abs....I think it is, then you could weld them closed... If im correct that "gear" is the exciter ring and it wont do anything

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
is it in the top of the diff? my v6 rear had an abs hole, and i can send you a pic of what i did, but like ian said, id like to see YOUR HOLE:flipoff2: :rainbow:

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
is it in the top of the diff? my v6 rear had an abs hole, and i can send you a pic of what i did, but like ian said, id like to see YOUR HOLE:flipoff2: :rainbow:
Re-Read Paul.....AXEL housing....LOL... not diff. bud...OK go get your glasses on ol man...Everyone watch your holes around BW...LOL
I know what you are looking since I pulled a 2002 axel. It looks like you could weld a cap on it and be done since all the plug does is ride against the part inside the housing and send info to the abs thingamajig...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah after looking at it longer, its a lot more clear now. Im just gonna weld a plate over em.

Sorry booger, didnt see any corn or peanuts. :flipoff2:

Thanks yall

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have a taco axle with ABS, but My Jeep is not ABS and I didn't do anything to the hole and no ABS problem. I have one ABS axle and one non ABS axle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts