Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, since no one was saying anything about my rockers in my "pics of my $150 sami" I'll make a new post just on this topic.

What should I do with my rockers? Check out the pic and let me know what you think.

Oh, and by the way, the door is all the way shut.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
There are a couple ways to go.

Either cut out the sheetmetal and put in some plate at an angle (similar looking to how fatkid's is). Or cut out the sheetmetal and replace it with some square tubing to kind of look like a rocker.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jimzuki. I really like the idea of the second picture. Looks like I'll have to cut them out (like the first picture) and weld on some sheet metal. I mite try put some other bracing in there for some extra support. I might try and take that all the way down to the frame, and make a custom skid plate to go along with it.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Those are some nice ideas. I like the agled sheet metal spliced in personally. I would follow something like that up with something armor. I made my sliders out of 1"x2"x0.120" square tubing. I ran 1-inch square tubing over to the front and rear body tabs and sandwiched the tabs in 3/16" plate. In this picture you can (kinda) see the bolts and the 1x1 bar in the rear. This is a low-profile slider that is easily removed and plenty stout. I tried several designs and like these the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Tusker said:
Those are some nice ideas. I like the agled sheet metal spliced in personally. I would follow something like that up with something armor. I made my sliders out of 1"x2"x0.120" square tubing. I ran 1-inch square tubing over to the front and rear body tabs and sandwiched the tabs in 3/16" plate. In this picture you can (kinda) see the bolts and the 1x1 bar in the rear. This is a low-profile slider that is easily removed and plenty stout. I tried several designs and like these the best.
Tusk, Is that the bumper I made for scwa? If it is I'd like to see a pic of it installed:D

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Bill4rest said:

Tusk, Is that the bumper I made for scwa? If it is I'd like to see a pic of it installed:D
I see you have an eye for good work :D . As a matter of fact it is. You did an excellent job on it. You should go into business :laughing: .

I only have one shot of it so far because I am not completely finished mounting it. I only have the two top mounts in. The missing links are in the way for the lower mounts, so I am going to make new long rear shackles today (hopefully) finish the lower mounts. Here is the only picture I have so far. I'll send you a few better shots when I get her finished.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Oops. It's early :zzz: . Here is the picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Tusker said:
I see you have an eye for good work :D . As a matter of fact it is. You did an excellent job on it. You should go into business :laughing:
Why are you laughing?:flipoff2: J/K It looks good, too bad you had to short'n the sides. I was pretty proud of myself on the cap's :laughing:

P.s. Send them to my hotmail, or make a new thread.... Don't want to be a thread hijacker:D

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
coltrain79 said:
What should I do with my rockers? Check out the pic and let me know what you think.
Make the other side match:flipoff2:

I see a lot of guys use angle iron to cover up rusty rockers. It looked like 3”x 2” angle 1/8” thick.
First take off that sheetmetal mud catcher made to attach those plastic rocker guards. Use an angle grinder and cut the spot welds out. No matter what you, you’re going to leave a few small holes in the rocker. I tried a sawzall, drill, and finally the grinder.
I’m not sure how they attached the angle iron.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts