Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7L V8 in it. I was thinkin of gettin some input off of some other mopar gearheads. I was thinkin for now since IFS lifts are crazy just throw a front leveling kit in it with some 33x12.50x16 NFG Mud Terrains until i get enough for a 4" lift kit and 35x12.50 MTs. I was also thinking of upgrading the sound system since theres no CD player in it :mad3: Im thinking a K&N cold air intake running through some Gibson headers and a high flow Cat and dump it into a Gibson or Flowmaster dual exhaust system. Since i used to wheel a 88 Toyota with IFS and 33s and the IFS sucks i was also wondering if anyone has done a SAS on a full sized truck and not just on Dakotas/Durangos. Git-R-Done.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Your truck must be a Dakota,because the FULLSIZE trucks didn't come with the 4.7 V8 to my knowledge. All FULLSIZE Dodge trucks except the new ones have a coil sprung Dana 44 front axle but the Dakota/Durangos had IFS. Make it more clear about what kind of vechile you have first bud.

·
Registered
711 Posts
02BadazzDodge said:
I just bought a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7L V8 in it. .
Well he said it was a 2002. THe new style 1500's do come with 4.7's
Hell old style Dodges had a 3.9 V6 standard

·
Registered
389 Posts
True but he's still got me confused on weather it's a fullsize or mid-size(Dakota) because he said what about doing a SAS on it and several other little things that made me wonder WTF he is talking about.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok what he has is 02 ram 4x4 with 4.7l v8 which is the DR body style with ifs and torsion bar front suspension. Now most leveling kits are for 01 to 95 rams as they are coils spring levelers. Now for your truck they have key ways or something like that they sale that allow you to level your truck they work like the old keys but are at a different angle they put alot of stress on your front end it will ride like a tank and go through ball joints. Your choice on that one i wounlnt. Now on the 33in tires they fit with no rubbing on 02 rams and up including half tons. I do need to know do you have 17s or 20s i assume 17s from it doesnt have a cd player if so i reconmend going and getting the computer reprogrammed for it so your truck shifts right and abs works correctly not to mention speedo. the headers dont help much on that truck but do improve sound alittle. what gear ration do u have in the axles and is it a limited slip aka antispin. just curious cuase if so u need 5 the same size unless it u get a rear flat and you like taking the front one off and rolling it back and putting the spare on front just a thought. i know 4 bfg all terrains in 20 in rim and 33in ran me 1200. so that was why the rim size question.

·
Registered
889 Posts
is there not a damn moderator in here anymore or what? this crap is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
RufusTheRam said:
is there not a damn moderator in here anymore or what? this crap is getting ridiculous.
I agree. But until we step it up and post some more hardcore tech, we will have to fight our way through the weeds, as these are filler threads I do believe.

But back on the subject at hand...
Big Moe - The 1500's changed to IFS in 2002, and now come with a 4.7L v8 standard, instead of a 3.9L v6. Get out from under your rock. :flipoff2:

·
Banned
4,880 Posts
RufusTheRam said:
last time I told fucks like poster to STFU and go away Neckster told me to STFU :laughing:

I thought fucktards like this were what we had 4wheelparts for? :confused:

·
Registered
889 Posts
the 3.9 was also never offered in 4wd fullsizes. i'd rather there be one good thread a month than all this crap. that's what pavementsucks, dto, etc. are for. topics like this have their place, but it's not here. move it to the newbie section at least. :shaking:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey ain't we all give at least one brain shit point a month American:flipoff2: I forgot that in '02 they went to all the new shit,for some reason I could've swore it was '03. But either way why is this damn thread still alive. I'm not extremely hardcore but the "what kinda exhaust would be best" shit is killing me :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:beer: Allright its been a while since i checked this but heres the stats for my truck.
4.7 V8 5 speed manual tranny IFS stock ride height 245/70/R17 highway tires and thats about it.
as far as the new style Dodges: in 02 they went to the new body style and IFS on the 1/2 tons. in '03 they carried it on to the 3/4 and 1 tons. why?? i dont know i think they look kinda stupid but i have been looking for a decent 1/2-3/4 ton with a 5 speed in it. i hate auto trannies, i like shifting and always have. around here in western Mass there isnt many full size trucks with manual trannies. i plan on towing a camper to Loudon for the NASCAR races and also pulling a snowmobile trailer over the line to VT in the winter so i want a decent suspension to handle the back roads and the occasional snowbank that we have to crawl over from the awesome snowfall. plus i have to have a truck thats gonna wheel to get out to the party spots out in the woods. this is why i thought a 4 inch lift with 35-12.50 BFG M/T tires would be good. i hate the look of a 17 inch rim though i was thinkin of going down to a 15/16 inch rim just for looks. any ideas or suggestions would help a lot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ooo by the way i think it has 3.73 gears in it but im not sure i havent checked cause ive been too busy to jack it up and rotate the shaft and count the rotations. and it also has the 17 inch stock alloy rims.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts