Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What to look for in a 1962 IH Scout

I happened to see a 1962 IH Scout that a guy was selling and interior/exterior is in very good condition but did not check the engine/underchassis for some leaks because it's already 7:00pm. I am going to check it again tomorrow morning at 10:00.

My question is, what do I have to look for when buying a 1963 IH Scout II? I have an XJ and a YJ that are built but don't have any experiences on the Scout II. Much info and help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for that it's a 1962 Scout. The body and the interior is in good condition and just minor leaks on the oil pan. Is $2,000.00 a good price for it? The owner is the original owner an a retired person who used the Scout for hunting.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
roninkai said:
Sorry for that it's a 1962 Scout. The body and the interior is in good condition and just minor leaks on the oil pan. Is $2,000.00 a good price for it? The owner is the original owner an a retired person who used the Scout for hunting.

I've yet to see a Scout that doesn't have some leaks around the oil pan.

If that's all that's wrong with it, it sounds like a good rig.

As for 2K? That all depends on how good of shape the rest of it is, where you are located, etc, etc. You'll have about 15 people post up shortly to say how they got their Scouts for free, or 100 bucks, etc etc. But there are a lot of folks who paid top $$ for their rigs out there too.

My first 800, I paid 2K for ten years ago. But it was rust free, and in NH. My Scout II daily driver, I paid 1200 for. But it was a rustbucket in Arizona. My parts rig cost me $200, but it didn't run.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Sully is right about prices going from one extreme to the other. It really just depends on what it's worth to you.

I only gave $100 for my 1 owner 1980 turbo diesel, it needed a clutch but was in great shape otherwise.
I gave $900 for my 1970 800A that was also in great shape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts