Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying some Lincoln 9" Brakes off a guy, and he told me just to make an offer, and I have no idea what to even start at. They're used, still on the axle, just rotors, calipers, and brackets. So what kind of price should I be looking at? Thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I really just wanted most of the stuff as a core exchange for NAPA or Autozone. At least I've got a ballpark to offer him now. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
depending on what 9" you have the lincoln disc ones often use a different end so it isnt a bolt on swap to a drum axle
that is what I was told in regards to my Versailles stuff

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a big bearing 35 spline 9" from sunray, and Lance said just to use the Lincoln stuff, so I assume that info is correct.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
pretty sure the lincoln used the big bearing stuff

I need new calipers for mine, they lasted about 2 months before the ebrake stopped working. Not sure why though..

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Brandon I believe there are adjusters on those calipers. Not sure how they work but I'm sure someone on this board knows
Goodluck.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought all the 9" Lincoln stuff used the same brake parts, and if it comes down to it, i can just get the calipers and rotors for cores, and then buy the expensive brackets from Currie or someone.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you plan on having an e-brake, make sure that Lincoln's 9" still has the e-brake lever on the caliper. I screwed up and didn't take those levers when I pulled some from the yard. I found out later when I tried to get some levers for the calipers, that they are discontinued. :shaking:
I finally scrapped that idea and went to the GM calipers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts