Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

quick questin about transfer case on 2003 TJ's. My buddy got one taht has the 16valve engine. Does anyone know if the transfer case that comes with that is still NP231 or has it changed?



Thanks,

Gui
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
geberhard said:
Hi,

quick questin about transfer case on 2003 TJ's. My buddy got one taht has the 16valve engine. Does anyone know if the transfer case that comes with that is still NP231 or has it changed?



Thanks,

Gui
Yep, 231j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,920 Posts
If the SYE is for a YJ, it wont work.. different style outputs.. Now if its for a different version of the 231 in the tj's it will be fine
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
Imkunfused said:
If the SYE is for a YJ, it wont work.. different style outputs.. Now if its for a different version of the 231 in the tj's it will be fine
The last HD SYE I did for a TJ was identicle to the YJ ones. You replace the output shaft and rear part of the case anyways, so why won't it work??????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,920 Posts
DE Jeeper said:


The last HD SYE I did for a TJ was identicle to the YJ ones. You replace the output shaft and rear part of the case anyways, so why won't it work??????
Depends on what you use.. if you have the full sye kit then yes it will work, if its the hack and tap kit, it wont
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
geberhard said:
Hi,

It is the Advanced adapters full kit, including main shaft replacement. Can you confirm it will work?


Thanks again for all teh help,

Gui
HD sye for the 231 will work on all 231"s.:)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top