1,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Bosch +4

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
No offense, but Bosch +4s suck. Electricity will always take the path of least resistance, and will only use one of those electrodes at any given time. You will never have four independent kernels, or three, or even two. All you are getting is an unadjustable plug, with a nice name, and a nice price tag.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
liliysdad said:
No offense, but Bosch +4s suck. Electricity will always take the path of least resistance, and will only use one of those electrodes at any given time. You will never have four independent kernels, or three, or even two. All you are getting is an unadjustable plug, with a nice name, and a nice price tag.
I am not getting them again through, they just turned white.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Small block Chebby...AC Delco. Never had a problem yet, and I concur that Champions suck.:D

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
sunshineoffroad said:
Small block Chebby...AC Delco. Never had a problem yet, and I concur that Champions suck.:D
Why do champions suck? Been running them in all of my dodges with NO problems. Now, for a plug that sucks, go for a Bosch. i have had more problems with those plugs going dead than any plug i have ever used. the +4 are a good quality plug, but they make a smaller spark than a normal spark plug (i did tests on them, and in my tests the +4 cost the most and was the lowest hp performer of the batch).
Personally i run champions in my dodges and NGK's in my benz and 4 runner.

Garrett

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I've always had good luck with Bosch in my cars and trucks.

I use only NGK in my bikes.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I have never had problems with any plug...ngk, champs, autolite, spitfires...blah blah...but I do lean to the ngks....

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Champions are the cheapest for a reason..quality. For every case, there are at least 2 or 3 that are bad from the factory. I used t work at a small engine shop, and we proved that several, several times, plus they foul faster than any other plug known to man, including el cheapo Bosch Supers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Why do champions suck?
I have tried running them (and I mean tried) and I have had three different occasions where at least one plug was boad out of the batch of 8, and they didn't last as long as the AC Delco's I have run. Just my experience with them, and it appears I am not the only one who has had bad luck with them. If you have had good luck, hey run them. I personally have not, and having new plugs not work out of the box leaves a bad impression. Just my $.02.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts