Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting set up with my business license here in the next week or so, and plan on selling tactical/shooting/fishing/hunting, etc. crap on ebay and craigslist.

Consider this market research:D

What kind of stuff do ya'll buy typically? I am going to get AR15/AK47/FAL type accessories, Remington 870/110 Mossberg 500/590 junk, optice, sights, grips, mags, blah blah...

How bout fishing gear? All my stuff is Shimano and Abu Garcia, is there anything else worth fooling with?

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I'm a big fan of Diawa. I think Shimano is too over priced. They make great stuff, but their prices are just insane I think.

Chris

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Being I get most of my fishing stuff for next to nothing I have Garcia, Mitchell, Fenwick, Berkley and a few others. Some are "demos", some are display pieces, some are brand new old stock, some are just "here, play with this, if it breaks, throw it away". :laughing:

I have been on a gun binge lately but am now offically out of money. :laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I am getting set up with my business license here in the next week or so, and plan on selling tactical/shooting/fishing/hunting, etc. crap on ebay and craigslist.

What kind of stuff do ya'll buy typically? I am going to get AR15/AK47/FAL type accessories, Remington 870/110 Mossberg 500/590 junk, optice, sights, grips, mags, blah blah...
I am going to put this bluntly, how are you going to be any different then the 100 other guy's out there doing it? How are you going to compete with volume dealers like Midway and Brownells? Oh, and as for stuff I typically buy, I'd have to answer none of it, because I don't have any of those guns....yet. Now if you were carrying Glock and Remington Model 700 stuff we'd talk.:D

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
I'd narrow that down to just fishing...:laughing:

These days, Ebay isn't the place to make $$$ on anything that is 99.99% related to firearms. Pretty soon, that tactical AR sling you plan on offering will likely be pulled as it aided in some form or fashion, the commission of a criminal act by some wacko.

I wish you well on your endeavor.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I am going to put this bluntly, how are you going to be any different then the 100 other guy's out there doing it? How are you going to compete with volume dealers like Midway and Brownells?
This is a good point. Not that I am discouraging you, but look around on ar15.com and see how many vendors are hocking the same identical product. They are mostly low volume dealers who are within the same price structure with their suppliers. Cost to consumer is usually the same across the board.

What services/benefit would I get in buying from you? Not being a smartass, just asking in the startup business sense of the topic.

As for fishing, I fly fish. Most of my stuff is G-Loomis or St. Croix. Again, you must add superior service to the sale.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
1911 stuff, EVERYONE has one.

-Scott

·
Registered
26,624 Posts

How bout fishing gear? All my stuff is Shimano and Abu Garcia, is there anything else worth fooling with?
You need to jump on board and sponsor my new fishing show..............

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I also do not want to discourage, but Midway and Brownells is going to be far more difficult competitors than I think you want to deal with.

As for online, I think that they will have you hammered, and there is always nachez (or however they spell their name.)

Just my .02. Market is saturated with tactical suppliers, and AlohaRover has you beat here. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks to all the poo poo'ers :laughing:

Brownells is going to be one of my suppliers, as well as Valor. I have already seen their wholesale prices as my brother already has accounts with them. Take 40-50% off retail, on average, for just about anything you could want and that is the price I will be able to purchase at.

Mainly the BL will allow me to get wholesale pricing on the junk I want for my toys, but I will spread the wealth around too. I do not plan to be in it for the money, which will be the big divider between me and every other asshole on the intardweb.

As for service, well, talk to anyone I have ever sold anything to:D I am a firm believer in delivering exactly what you want, as adevertised, not BS...ever. I cannot stans schiesters, and I am the type of person that would walk away from a the deal of a lifetime if I didn't have a good feeling about the seller.

The real differenc ebetween myself and the masses will be this: I am getting into it for the good prices, I don't need the money, so I will sell at just over wholesale (enough to cover my shippin, etc) rather than buying at these outstanding prices and marking them up to retail. That is just dumb. If more people sold for the sake of spreading good cheer and excitement in the sport, the world would be a better armed, and happier place :D

So anywho, thanks for the input guys, I will letcha know when I become available...then I will have to pimp a stoopid yellow star:(

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
thanks to all the poo poo'ers :laughing:

Brownells is going to be one of my suppliers, . I have already seen their wholesale prices as my brother already has accounts with them. Take 40-50% off retail, on average, for just about anything you could want and that is the price I will be able to purchase at.

:(

Are you sure ? I have a Brownells Buis. account and can tell you the discount is no where close to that.

Maybe I'm wrong and will learn something though

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you sure ? I have a Brownells Buis. account and can tell you the discount is no where close to that.

Maybe I'm wrong and will learn something though
yuppers, we were logged on yesterday looking @ retail vs. wholesale on a number of items. All he did to obtain the account was to send in a copy of his VA business license

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
And since none of them work right, everyone needs parts for them...
mine works fine, what peice of shit do you have that doesn't? or my next question could be, who did you let work on it?

-Scott

1 - 20 of 28 Posts