Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he was going backwards on (I think) wrecking ball on lap 2, and lost his lead...

What was the issue? I never caught an explanation...

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
I think he might have turned up Bender Alley. He was having trouble with GPS...but I haven't talked to him. I heard a few people accidentally made that turn.

·
Registered
95 Posts
In a post race interview he said he got lost in his own dust at the top (his GPS wasn't working) and ended up going back down the same trail he just went up.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man, that sucks... having a dedicated navigator might have really hel....

nevermind, he knows what hes doing a hell of alot better than I...

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Rolled over on Elvis also, trying to chase slawson back down...was on his lid and on fire for a good 15-20 min at least.

Sent from my iPhone-

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
almost another reason there to have a spotter

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
He took a wrong turn up what we believe was bender alley. His gps wasn't showing the course any more. He thought he somehow deleted it which is impossible. He turned around while Miller (wayland's co-driver) explained to him over the coms, how to get the course back on the gps. Once he got the course back up he realized he was way off course. Hauled ass back and took the wrong turn back down wrecking ball. He didn't realize it till he ran into Big Ugly.

Sucks that we lost a 25 minute lead but that is one disadvantage to having no co-driver. I think Shannon might take a little more time to learn how to use his gps lol.

We also had difficulty telling him that Slawson was ahead of him and had 2 minutes on him. He wasn't pushing his car very far until he finally figured out he was in second. After that he rolled on Elvis.

Car had almost zero problems. He put a really good ding in the drive shaft that he drove on half the race. He also blew another brakeline on the last lap I believe. 1 tire on the second lap, and 2 after the rollover.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
He never mentioned to us that it caught fire, but if it did it wasnt for long. He was back to hauling ass right after being righted

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a pics of him on fire and upside down! He came flying up to Elvis with another competitor stuck. He tried to drive past him but ended up flipping in the process. If he would have waited 5 minutes it would have saved him 20.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
I have a pics of him on fire and upside down! He came flying up to Elvis with another competitor stuck. He tried to drive past him but ended up flipping in the process. If he would have waited 5 minutes it would have saved him 20.
Sounds like KoH

·
Registered
18 Posts
It was cool as hell! Not 2 minutes before Campbell came thru Slawson went thru and drove over the hood of another stuck buggy! It was the best action I saw the whole race all within 10 mins. I have pictures of it all and will have them up when I get back to Michigan.

·
Registered
534 Posts
He never mentioned to us that it caught fire, but if it did it wasnt for long. He was back to hauling ass right after being righted
yeh there was no fire. he sat upside down hanging fro his belts then another racer fliped him over and told him to hall ass. that was his words at the finish

1 - 20 of 49 Posts