Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Wheeler
2,779 Posts
Is that a brake on the tail of the motor?

If so, it could explain why it has no brake lever.

No, it does indeed have a brake lever you just cant see it in this ridiculous pic pulled out of my mobile phone .

And it is broke in half .

I am going back out to my shop tomorrow, and will take some decent pics, and use a fancy semi modern computation machine to post them, so they will be viewable to humans .

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Put the two buttons of your I Phone on the bottom left when taking pics... Or they turn out all caddy wompus.

I got nothin on the winch.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Is that a brake on the tail of the motor?

If so, it could explain why it has no brake lever.
That is what they call a brake on the end of the motor. Just doesn't work worth a shit. Also has the hand brake.

I have one of these and on mine the motor gear is so small it's built into the motor shaft instead of keyed on like an 8274.

Without a real break I don't see the need for power out. If you let off of the power with tension on it the winch just spins in reverse. Doing this for more than a second or two over speeds the motor and is real bad for it.

It pulls amazingly fast and strong however. Just like the other warn uprights.

·
Wheeler
2,779 Posts
sorry, got derailed ....

Here are a few pics as promised a month ago, if anybody still cares .

I will probably just bolt this to the front of my Big Tex to haul dead chebbys and the like .

I do everything from mobile, so sorry in advance about sideways ass pics

:jester:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
[The thing on the end of the motor is a sprage it is shopose to stop the motor from spining backwards when you stop pulling and keep it from blowing the armecere from over speed.QUOTE=Valley Rock;31486034]Here are a few pics as promised a month ago, if anybody still cares .

I will probably just bolt this to the front of my Big Tex to haul dead chebbys and the like .

I do everything from mobile, so sorry in advance about sideways ass pics

:jester:[/QUOTE]

41 - 45 of 45 Posts