Pirate 4x4 banner

What winch is this? people say not 8274

19K views 44 replies 30 participants last post by  coondog96 
#1 ·
No clue here. looks like an 8274...but I don't know....maybe the pics will help.

Attachments

See less See more
#38 ·
warn 8200

I just got one and it is a warn 8200 only made for 9 months in 73 then they went to the 8274. I tore it down got all new bearing and seals at a local allied bearing and found that the 8274 motor is not a direct replacment but can be made to work . having a bushing machined to put it back together ill c how it works and repost with every thing i had to do to upgrade the motor.Good luck

#39 ·
This thread was started in 2003 .

And revived again in 2009, then again in 2011, and yet again in 2015 .

By me .

Why you ask ?

Well, I was doing an intardnet search, and boom here it was .

The reason for my search was I just took in trade this soooper clean old Warn upright bad ass bull gear winch, but it is clearly older and different than my 8274 upright, which is a superior unit (IMO) .

It is a model# 5721 .

So this 5721 winch, has no power out, and it's my understanding that if you are pulling someone up a mountain side or whatever, when you stop pulling (let off the switch) it will freewheel back out unless you push on it brake lever, which is broke off, as many of them see to be, and I'm assuming for this very reason .

I do not know yet if the above statement is true .

What I am wondering is this, has anyone on here converted this style of Winch to work the same as the awesome 8274 upright, with both power in AND out ?

(Further searching is difficult on mobile, reading much easier) .

Here are a couple of possibly crooked or sideways pics .

I would have thrown in a motivational pic or two, but recently cleaned out my phone, and I goth nothin .

Attachments

#41 ·
No, it does indeed have a brake lever you just cant see it in this ridiculous pic pulled out of my mobile phone .

And it is broke in half .

I am going back out to my shop tomorrow, and will take some decent pics, and use a fancy semi modern computation machine to post them, so they will be viewable to humans .

#42 · (Edited)
Put the two buttons of your I Phone on the bottom left when taking pics... Or they turn out all caddy wompus.

I got nothin on the winch.

#44 ·
sorry, got derailed ....

Here are a few pics as promised a month ago, if anybody still cares .

I will probably just bolt this to the front of my Big Tex to haul dead chebbys and the like .

I do everything from mobile, so sorry in advance about sideways ass pics

:jester:

Attachments

#45 ·
[The thing on the end of the motor is a sprage it is shopose to stop the motor from spining backwards when you stop pulling and keep it from blowing the armecere from over speed.QUOTE=Valley Rock;31486034]Here are a few pics as promised a month ago, if anybody still cares .

I will probably just bolt this to the front of my Big Tex to haul dead chebbys and the like .

I do everything from mobile, so sorry in advance about sideways ass pics

:jester:[/QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.