Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I broke my brake line on my dana 44. I was running the skyjacker steel brake lines. This dana 44 is on my 94 Jeep YJ, it is a waggy front out of a 87..
Here is the question.. Is there any other application that will work. I was told that maybe a 83 or 89 3/4 ton suburban 4x4 breakline will work.. Any imput would be appreicated .
 

·
thhhpptthh!
Joined
·
46,717 Posts
why dont you take your busted assssss lines down to the local hydro shop and have em make em the right length??

:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,708 Posts
Just don't tell them it is for brakeline application. Ok, Ok, Ok, what if you became a legal eagle and let them sign a waiver of liability?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
http://www.xtremecrawlers.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=91_108

Support POR vendors: Keithflux. He's got a custom single line for $35.00 up to 24 inches and then adders for length from there. You pick the length, fittings, and color.

It's a top quality line, DOT legal, very nice. I've got a few sets sitting on my desk right now actually. I didn't get mine from Extreme Crawlers, but same lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
It was not a length issue, When My jeep flexes, It was somehow the metal part of the brake line by the caliper. I did not give enough room when I moved my shocks to allow for the flex.. It decided to flex alittle more out on the trail than it did in the shop.. Oh well. As far as going to the hydrolic shop, I have thought about that, and I just may do that.. Still curious if the break line off of a 83 or 89 3/4 ton suburban will work though.. I have one here right now from the 83, and I have not had time to install it.. Not sure if it will work or not.. Just by looking, it may.. but with my luck.. ( It won't )
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,698 Posts
Stinger124 said:
It was not a length issue, When My jeep flexes, It was somehow the metal part of the brake line by the caliper. I did not give enough room when I moved my shocks to allow for the flex.. It decided to flex alittle more out on the trail than it did in the shop.. Oh well. As far as going to the hydrolic shop, I have thought about that, and I just may do that.. Still curious if the break line off of a 83 or 89 3/4 ton suburban will work though.. I have one here right now from the 83, and I have not had time to install it.. Not sure if it will work or not.. Just by looking, it may.. but with my luck.. ( It won't )
My hose shop will not build brake lines, but they have zero issues building -3 high pressure hydraulic fluid transfer lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
TexasBlake said:
I wish it was that easy. None of the places down here will touch brake lines.
Man, I'm glad my work has the fittings hose and hydraulic crimper! Saved me ALOT of headache! Anyways, hydraulic fittings use a different flare than automative brakes. You will need to get the correct adapters if using hydraulic line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
TexasBlake said:
I wish it was that easy. None of the places down here will touch brake lines.

That sucks the big one! Around here the NAPA auto parts (and others) have assorted prebuilt lengths of hard line and for the flex I just go behind the counter and dig through boxes until I find what I want and then they look up the part number sort of backwards. Pays to be nice to your parts dude! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
part# BH106330 is a damn nice, long rubber brake line that me & the FTK crew run. tough as nails & cheap....don't remember the exact original application though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
P&T Jeeps said:
part# BH106330 is a damn nice, long rubber brake line that me & the FTK crew run. tough as nails & cheap....don't remember the exact original application though.
Dodge pickup from 1982-1989. W100/150/250/350, D100/150/250/350.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Stinger124 said:
Still curious if the break line off of a 83 or 89 3/4 ton suburban will work though.. I have one here right now from the 83, and I have not had time to install it.. Not sure if it will work or not.. Just by looking, it may.. but with my luck.. ( It won't )
Physicly it will bolt up since they use the same jb5/jb6 calipers, length, I couldn't tell ya
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top