Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a guy that owes me 4k for a tractor I sold him back in October. He was supposed to pay me in 2 payments in Nov & Dec but didn't. As of a couple weeks ago he says when he gets his tax return. Then today he ask if he can pay me with this Buick, 2008 Lacrosse super with an ls 5.3 with 62k miles. He says he is going to sell it to pay me if I don't want it. What say you. I'm leaning in the no just pay me direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I have a guy that owes me 4k for a tractor I sold him back in October. He was supposed to pay me in 2 payments in Nov & Dec but didn't. As of a couple weeks ago he says when he gets his tax return. Then today he ask if he can pay me with this Buick, 2008 Lacrosse super with an ls 5.3 with 62k miles. He says he is going to sell it to pay me if I don't want it.
Do you need a 2008 Buick?

·
Registered
148 Posts
How much is it worth, and how easily can you flip it? Is it worth your time to flip it?
Oh, and are you 70+ if you keep it?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Did you sign the tractor over to him?
Did you get your agreement in writing?
Did anyone else hear the agreement you made with this person?
If your answers are yes, no, no, then any legal recourse will be hard, but not impossible. Small claims court might be the way. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
There's potentially some upside to be made on the car but the target clientele interested in buying that gem is likely gonna be equally strapped for cash as your buyer; its current owner. :mr-t::mr-t:

so I'd probably skip that additional hassle and tell them to deal with converting it to cash... Or just take your tractor back...:laughing:

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you sign the tractor over to him?
Did you get your agreement in writing?
Did anyone else hear the agreement you made with this person?
If your answers are yes, no, no, then any legal recourse will be hard, but not impossible. Small claims court might be the way. Good luck.
No(there is no title to sign over), no, yes. We are not tight but he is a buddy and we run in the same circle of friends so this does not need to get ugly. He has helped me in the past so I don't mind helping him but I am getting frustrated. I can always go get it but would rather have the money and I don't want the car but fear I may be waiting another few months if I don't.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
tell him youll think about it for a few days.
Throw an ad on craigslist and facebook for 5k and see if you get any hits.
Kbb says 5-7k for good condition. There are none on craigslist in sandy eggo. might be desirable with the LS?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Is he the legitimate owner of the car? Might want to make sure the papers all line up before you commit to something like that.

·
Unregistered User
9,027 Posts
Don't let people make payments on shit they can't afford. You're not a bank.

And no way in hell I'd take that Buick for $4k. Doubt he'll even get $4k for it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you have to ask, you already know the answer. It’s no, by the way. No is also the answer when someone wants to make payments on something you’re selling. No, don’t do this.

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
I would take the buick in a heatbeat. It would sell for over $6000 around here. Or i would let my wife drive it around. 62k miles and under $10k is unheard of here in the land of hour-each-way commuters

·
Premium Member
14,256 Posts
If you think you can get 4k or close to it daily easily I'd take the car. A bird in the hand and all that. Chalk it up ad your life lesson on not doing buisness with friends.

Is the car fwd?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Take the tractor back. I wouldn’t want to deal with the group that would be interested in buying that car.

·
Registered
28,137 Posts
He's not going to pay you. If you go to small claims court you will get a judgement against him.....which still doesn't make him pay. It has no teeth.

You have two options. Take the tractor back which is what I would do. You should have held the title while payment was due. Or, take the car. I wouldn't want the car.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts