Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
You've already fucked up, you've already given a deadbeat credit, and he's already skipping payments.

Everybody saying "wait for cash" is missing the point

The car might be worth 3 or 5, but you can get it today. It's a settlement, not an ideal arrangement.

Who's to say he won't sell the car and have another sad story?

Is taking the tractor back not an option? If you don't want to openly be a dick, then tell him you've got some projects you do with it. Once he's got the cash, your project is done

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
If it were me I would let him sell the car go with him to make the deal and get the money immediately or just take the car and sell it myself.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Verify cars value, salvage title? Two tone is often an indicator of damage, hail or soft roll, tree fall, sometimes it's just sun baked on top, sometimes they get stolen and run thru desert, bumpers trashed, they repaint the bottom half

That being an ls V8 car I imagine it will get some interest from the hot rod crowd, and it's in the price range for a blue collar toy.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
I don't see a sunroof on that car, so the obvious answer is to pee in his wife's butt.

·
I'm not your buddeh
13,072 Posts
Anything two tone is bad news. That's how they church it up to sell to a dumbass
Especially cheap two tone that follows the easiest seam line. Hood/fender. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Test drive it. See if you might like it. With a few tweaks that car should run like a scalded dog. Or add a turbo and have sleeper car to blow off Camaros at the stop light.

I'm keeping dads 2015 Impala for awhile. I would never even look at buying one until now. Now I'm think on buying it when the time comes, but I don't really need it.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Do you need the money now? If so, check to make sure the paperwork on the car is clear and if so, take the title and sell it. Even if you can't get the $4k owed, at least you got something. If you can wait, write up a contract stating that he agrees to pay the full price owed by X date or you are authorized to retake possession of the tractor. Make sure to take it to a notary to have it signed. The longer you wait the more excuses he is going to come up with not to pay. If he didn't have the money upfront that means he really couldn't afford to buy it in the first place. Do something now, don't wait any longer.

·
What did you expect?
12,760 Posts
Do you need a 2008 Buick?
Does anyone?

OP, they're going for around 6K here. If that's the only way you will get paid, take it.

Just learn the lesson about business between friends; money comes over first.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I am with the bird in the hang thought here.

Take the Buick.

You might get $3k or $5k but either way the deal is settled and over and doesn't get ugly.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
That Buick would make a really classy Donk. If you get it, I'll buy it from you. I'm gonna need to make payments though. I should be able to pay it off in 2 months. Cool?

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Depends on how bad you need the money. If you are strapped, take the Buick and put it up for sale for the cash you need and move on. If you aren't, and want to keep the guy in your circle of friends, offer him a way out. Tell him you will take the title and get it sold. Offer him a cut over the money owed if he helps you sell it. Everybody walks out whole. If you don't give a fuck about the dude, take the tractor or the car whichever you can move faster.

However it turns out, life lesson. Don't finance to people who are friends, you lose money and friends that way. Don't finance to family because it gets ugly for all the people in between you that are forced to choose sides. Don't finance to strangers cause you can't trust them. I think that covers everyone. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Simple. Unless the car is worth at least $1K more than he owes you, tell him to sell it and give you the cash you agreed on. You've already gone beyond the original agreement with him so there should be no hard feelings. Just lay it out plainly, no need to be a Dick about it and you should still be able to be friends. Consider it a life lesson...IF you LEARN from this. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
I have a guy that owes me 4k for a tractor I sold him back in October. He was supposed to pay me in 2 payments in Nov & Dec but didn't. As of a couple weeks ago he says when he gets his tax return. Then today he ask if he can pay me with this Buick, 2008 Lacrosse super with an ls 5.3 with 62k miles. He says he is going to sell it to pay me if I don't want it. What say you. I'm leaning in the no just pay me direction.

He's 2 1/2 months late on the first payment. Go get the tractor back, once you have it, take a baseball bat and kneecap him, then pee in his wife's butt and take pics. :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
I own a similar vehicle Grand Prix GXP. To LS4 fanboys the Super is rare and cool. A couple things to know. The trans doesn't hold up to the V8 well and can be problematic (4t65e). The DOD likes to have lifters go bad. If you're just going to flip it, drive the piss out of it and make sure it's solid. Drive it for a while and make sure the trans is up to temp and not getting too hot. Then look up what those are realistically selling for in your area and decide if it's worth it.

That's a FWD as well. That is a block specific to the LS4. It's not the same as truck 5.3 blocks. The only real interest in them for swaps is the fiero crowd.

·
Premium Member
14,256 Posts
What kind of tractor? Have any more? Is two payments standard or wipp you consider 4?

21 - 40 of 113 Posts