·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Damn, does it run? The tractor that is. That seems like a damn good deal.

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Damn, does it run? The tractor that is. That seems like a damn good deal.
Yes it runs. Needs new rubber and hyd hoses. I was going to ask 5500 but never got around to it, I took those pics 2-3 years ago. It has maybe 1 hr of use in last decade.

For others asking questions. No I do not need the money but I like money so I want it. He is a chp officer and has gotten me out of some expensive tickets and I want to keep that connection in my pocket so to speak which is a lot of why I am willing to work with him. I have financed a sale to friends before and it has always worked out. Also every time I do I know in my mind I may get fawked so only do it with things I can afford to lose if shit goes south. I will get the money eventually I'm sure of it I just don't know when eventually is. Right after we did the deal he was transferred and took a significant pay cut due to loss of overtime so I agreed to wait for the tax return which will probably be another couple months. Then he proposed this to me yesterday.

·
Premium Member
16,677 Posts
You've already fucked up, you've already given a deadbeat credit, and he's already skipping payments.

Everybody saying "wait for cash" is missing the point

The car might be worth 3 or 5, but you can get it today. It's a settlement, not an ideal arrangement.

Who's to say he won't sell the car and have another sad story?

Is taking the tractor back not an option? If you don't want to openly be a dick, then tell him you've got some projects you do with it. Once he's got the cash, your project is done
I think this as well. But sucks to have to unload a car.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The friend's base salary is about 8K a month without overtime. Any transfer he made was voluntary as he cannot be compelled to transfer. There is lots of voluntary overtime in any position he could work. Whenever you see a CHP car parked in a lane closure on the freeway, the officers sitting in the car are on overtime. 3-4 12 hour shifts on one of those details would generate enough to pay you off. I know guys who are nearly doubling their income with voluntary overtime. He should be able to afford to pay you what he owes without selling a car. Have him pull the money out of his 457 or 401 to pay you. Getting you out of "expensive tickets" sounds like he does not take the moral high ground in life so why do you expect this deal to end well?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I don't like cops, and i don't like being owed money.

But, if somebody did owe me money, I'd rather it was a cop, with a pretty bomb proof income, that was somewhat tied to not being sued or having ethical/ financial problems.

I have been owed money by a buddy that was in law enforcement, my needs changed in a hurry and he made it right, got me other liquid assets that I could liquidate quickly.

Finding out he's a cop, my tune changes to making things in text, so there's a bit of a record, hey man, the 4 grand kind of jams me up, but I'm not sure I want tu hassle with selling your buick, what of timeline are you thinking? Then deal with collecting the money, in full, but late.

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Go get yourself a $4000 speeding ticket and have him "take care of it". Problem solved

<a href="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" >:)</a>
It doesn't work that way. If a ticket is written it is too late he cannot fix it or he would lose his job. But before it is written it can be a warning or a citation and have gotten warnings. He has never asked for anything in exchange for a warning so there is no quid pro quo. The last time was several years ago and now I had the chance to return his kindness it just hasn't worked out like it was supposed to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That car looks like it was bought from the drug re-possession impound lot.

And, you must have a shit circle of friends that would think you're being a dick about somebody who didn't pay for something. I buy and sell among friends with no problem. The money is handed over when the item is handed over.

Go repossess the tractor. And document everything. I am sure a CHP officer can also make life difficult for you too.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts