Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
What did you expect?
12,760 Posts
Go get yourself a $4000 speeding, driving though a mall, Blues Brothers-type, ticket and have him "take care of it". Problem solved.

:flipoff2:
FTFY. :grinpimp::flipoff2:

edit; (if they have S.M.O.T.s)

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
AAA with a gun giving you a raw deal? no wheyyyyyyy:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
That car looks like it was bought from the drug re-possession impound lot.
If you're buddy is a cop and has the connections, he might be in that car for $500. That said, at this point, its either take the car or repo the tractor, there is no option C of waiting on the cash. The car looks to be of about $4k value and honestly I think would be easier to sell than an old Massey. The longer this goes on, the less likely you are to get anything.

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
That car looks like it was bought from the drug re-possession impound lot.
If you're buddy is a cop and has the connections, he might be in that car for $500. That said, at this point, its either take the car or repo the tractor, there is no option C of waiting on the cash. The car looks to be of about $4k value and honestly I think would be easier to sell than an old Massey. The longer this goes on, the less likely you are to get anything.
What difference does it make what he's into it? I'm into the tractor about half that but that has zero relevance to what it's worth and is nobody's business but mine.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
It doesn't work that way. If a ticket is written it is too late he cannot fix it or he would lose his job. But before it is written it can be a warning or a citation and have gotten warnings. He has never asked for anything in exchange for a warning so there is no quid pro quo. The last time was several years ago and now I had the chance to return his kindness it just hasn't worked out like it was supposed to.
So he personally pulls you over. Then gives you a warning, several times? Or do you immediately start telling Barney you know Andy and all is well?

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
I think your idea of "friend" is a little different than mine. With friends like that kind of thing. And considering he's already fucking you over (if the car was worth 4k why doesn't he sell it and give you the cash?) if you call him out, he will use his police status to fuck you over as much as possible.

In other words, you're fucked on this deal and you should learn to choose your friends more wisely.

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
It doesn't work that way. If a ticket is written it is too late he cannot fix it or he would lose his job. But before it is written it can be a warning or a citation and have gotten warnings. He has never asked for anything in exchange for a warning so there is no quid pro quo. The last time was several years ago and now I had the chance to return his kindness it just hasn't worked out like it was supposed to.
:laughing: Until now.....

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
Take the tractor back. Thank him for the 2 month lease payment he made, and note that when he pays the rest he can have your tractor back. Or he can pay you what he owes now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
friends? really?

Dealing with friends with business/money is nothing more than a total bucket of shit, I dont care how long you have known them and your their kids godparent whatever or how deep your connection is they will fuck you the second things are not working out!
TAKE WHATEVER YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON RIGHT NOW!!! TAKE HIS CAR TAKE HIS HOUSE WHATEVER THERE IS TAKE IT NOW!!!!!! In two weeks when he has declared bankruptcy and you get NOTHING you will really wish you had!!!!
Good luck!

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Update- First things first I am now officially in the ask for advice but don't follow it group here on pbb. Because I did not head good advice from you I am in the spot I am by my own stupidity in the face of wisdom. My apologies.

I have been calling him about once every other week. He always has a sob story. I asked when does he get his return and he tells me they actually ended up owing money. Well then this beer virus hits and I can really use the money now so I tell him hey you are still working I am not you need to pay me. Told him I would take a credit card I don't care just pay me. Well(this will surprise none of you) he is less than financially intelligent. He has maxed all his cards to the tune of 50+k. The Buick is broke and he is trying to finance a new car.

He says to me we need to sell the tractor. "We" are you kidding? I did sell the tractor to you if need to sell it fine. Then this past Friday I saw it on facebook marketplace listed by a guy I have used myself to sell and also still have a business relationship with him. I went to see him and he already knows whats going on and told me he will hold the money for me if it sells. The chp guy who "bought" it from is now pulling the "well I put $1000 into when I had it" card. I told him too bad you have had a free rental for 6 months and I already came down on the price that much anyway. So he says well then just take it back then and we are even. I told him no because the market tanked lately and if he hadn't strung me along we wouldn't be here. I made it clear that if he sells the tractor for less he still owes me the balance of 4k.

TLDR- I didn't listen and screwed myself.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Update- First things first I am now officially in the ask for advice but don't follow it group here on pbb. Because I did not head good advice from you I am in the spot I am by my own stupidity in the face of wisdom. My apologies.

I have been calling him about once every other week. He always has a sob story. I asked when does he get his return and he tells me they actually ended up owing money. Well then this beer virus hits and I can really use the money now so I tell him hey you are still working I am not you need to pay me. Told him I would take a credit card I don't care just pay me. Well(this will surprise none of you) he is less than financially intelligent. He has maxed all his cards to the tune of 50+k. The Buick is broke and he is trying to finance a new car.

He says to me we need to sell the tractor. "We" are you kidding? I did sell the tractor to you if need to sell it fine. Then this past Friday I saw it on facebook marketplace listed by a guy I have used myself to sell and also still have a business relationship with him. I went to see him and he already knows whats going on and told me he will hold the money for me if it sells. The chp guy who "bought" it from is now pulling the "well I put $1000 into when I had it" card. I told him too bad you have had a free rental for 6 months and I already came down on the price that much anyway. So he says well then just take it back then and we are even. I told him no because the market tanked lately and if he hadn't strung me along we wouldn't be here. I made it clear that if he sells the tractor for less he still owes me the balance of 4k.

Dumbass, take the tractor back.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Got any felony drug charges with weapons involved? How about a good ole No knock SWAT visit? Well you will shortly!:flipoff2:

·
today
1,570 Posts

is he :mr-t:?

·
Registered
946 Posts

Tell that jackass to work some overtime details. Ramona resident post are on 12 hour shifts, so he is only working 3-4 days a week. He can work up to 16 hours per 24 hour period and there is a ton of mandatory and voluntary overtime right now.

I think it would be in your best interest to reposes the tractor and take whatever loss incurred as a learning experience.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
He spent $1000 on it BEFORE he paid you? Call him a liar to his face since he said he was broke and couldn’t pay you.
Fuck him.
REPO time.
Go get it.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts