Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't make up my mind.....:confused:.... My fiance wants to get me a gun for a wedding present and I can't decide which which one to use this "free pass" on! This is bugging me more than the wedding planning stuff:laughing:....and the wedding is in less than a month!

Here's the ones I've had my eyes on in no particular order......

Kimber Desert Warrior
1911 A1
CETME
FN-FAL
Saiga Swat
Pair of Pre-ban unfired(apparently) Tec 9's
AR-10
Thompson A1

I'm thinking along the lines of the Thompson or the Kimber as they're a bit more unique. Dunno though.

Price does matter a bit. Trying to stay below $1500, otherwise it'd be an MP5 or a Barret!!

What would teh PBB do!?!?!...........

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Pick the most expensive one on your list. Duh :flipoff2:

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude...the pair of tec-9s! you can go totaly gangsta with that shit...lol

:flipoff2:
:laughing:

I'm thinking the most expensive is the best idea too!!:D

But at the same time, it'll be much easier to justify an AR-10 or Kimber than something useless later on, ya know, when asked "why do you need TWO drug-lord pistols!? And what's a tax stamp for?"

·
Premium Member
30,199 Posts
Kimber, FAL, or AR-10, I know it's not narrowing it down much. Whichever you choose go see the fine folks at Roanoke firearms. :D

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kimber, FAL, or AR-10, I know it's not narrowing it down much. Whichever you choose go see the fine folks at Roanoke firearms. :D
Haha....Ya, there's a Barrett in there that would take 1st prize if it were an option!!

Fine folks indeed:smokin:!

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
TEC-9s are a hunk of crap that aren't worth shooting unless somebody gives you one with free ammo.

The desert warrior is pimp, but it's likely to need tuning out of the box to run 100% like most non custom 1911s.

The FAL could be god, it could be bad, depends on the builder.

CETME I'd stay away from unless you know them well and can inspect it thoroughly. If you want a G3 style weapon, look at the PTR-91.

What is this saiga "swat" bullshit, who does the conversion? Got a link?

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, we may have a winner.....

Me likes the PTR-91!!1

:smokin:

·
Registered
145 Posts
fakin cali laws:mad3: im jelous btw does she have a sister:D well id go kimber all the way love mine. to get a really good ar10 its gona cost more than $1500 my .02

·
Registered
145 Posts
oh yah and tec 9s are a piece. funner than shit for about 10 min,,,, thats about it. unless your into drivebys:flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
FAL or HK-clone, then AR-10. JMHO.

If you buy a pistol when you could've had a battle-rifle in 7.62... You're going to officially be the PBB jackass of the week. I don't think any of the other gun-guys are going to argue with me on that one.

You need a little more experience with long-term wife-to-firearm rationalization. A $700 pistol is easier to talk her into as a second gun ('Honey, I'm getting a carry permit, and I need something to carry')... The $1,500 rifle is a little more work. You should know this by now. :D

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
....You need a little more experience with long-term wife-to-firearm rationalization....

^Couldn't be more right!!

I guess the toughest part is figuring out what I should get now while I have the "It's a wedding gift" card! I know after all this is over, I will hold no more cards ever, so I wanna take advantage of this last one!!

I will need to be able to at least open the gun safe in ten years and say, "I got THAT at least!" (10 years is probably a bit generous huh!!)

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Well once your married...remeber that the AR platform is very versital and easy to build...you can pilfer $100 here and there for a few months...then all of the sudden you have an AR out of no where(so she thinks)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts