Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search and no one has specified what year Ford's had the NP435. I even checked the Ford page. AA says they are in P/U's from 69-79, but another site said they were made until 92 or 93. I would like to put one in my CJ to replace my T-176, but need to know what Ford's to look in.

What year? and model?

I plan on using an adapter to keep my Dana 300.

Thanks
J

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I found mine under a 1979 F-350.
I'm guessing any 70's truck that is a stick and doesn't have the t-18 or whatever that other tranny is, will have the NP435

I think they were avalable into the early 80's as well.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I got one from a 69 ford

·
Registered
48 Posts
aa or novak are the best places to look. you can count on those have the right info.
novak has some decent write ups about it. i think orc does too.

dave

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Mine came out of a 79, Ford one ton.
They are available from nearly every junk yard in the Sacto area. When I cracked the housing on my NP435 a few weeks ago, a few phone calls left me with about a half dozen options. I picked one up for $100, in one days worth of shopping around.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No such luck out here. I have talked to about two dozen places out here and they laugh when I say 85 or under Ford 4spd. I am better off buying a whole truck and parting out the rest.

·
Registered
348 Posts
They should be pretty easy to find in 70 to mid 80 Fords. If it's a manual with an aluminum top cover it's probably an NP (the T18's were cast steel). I see em all the time at pick n pull.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts