Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told it was a 71, registration is 55. I used to know this sh** but the memory is the first to go. I had a 72 but it had the longer front fenders this one does not. the tank is under the front seat but does not stick through the body. any help would be great or at least a place to look. all info I have found talks about engine options and wheelbase and nothing more. Thanks in advance. also it is for sale if you need a project.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm afarid I cant help much but it is def a pre 72. Short fenders stoped at the end of 71 begining of 72. Other than that can u tell us a little more. What motor, tranny, or it could just be a cluster fuck just like most other jeeps out there

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I own a 71, This was the last year of the short front clip. The gas tank in mine is in the back.I have seen a few 71's with the gas tank under the seat. They started to change the location in that year. This is the first year that AMC had the right to start changing things. (someone correct me if that is wrong)I have talked to Cody Waggner(sp) he runs the calrocs comps in the yellow 71cj5, His gas tank is loacated under the front seat and is stock. I am almost sure that they had the fill in the body next to the door. Another thing you can check is the stock location of the heater core and vents. Stock, should be on the driver side firewall. I do not know when they moved it to make room for the brake booster. 71's will not have power brakes. You can also check the drum size stock should be 10". It is a very easy upgrade to 11" so it may have been done. Sorry I should have looked at the pic closer, They don't look like stock axels. Hope this helps.
IMHO This was a very good year for jeeps. :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
The body looks like glass to me... could be any year cj5 if that's the case. *shrug* could be wrong...

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm not sure on the year but I saw your rig in the for sale section a while back and am interested. What are you asking for it? As best I recall it needed a few things done to it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Is the dash stock because I don't see a jocky box. This would date it in the 1955 range.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gnrrpreacher:the vin on the reg comes back to a 55 and no vin found on tub, any hidden vins on a 71 ish?

bgcj5:yes it is a mess of everything chevy motor,trans,case.ford 9",toy front, unknown springs.glass fenders, alum dash.

jimd:I'll have to check on the heater core and vents. it does have power brakes but it does not look stock. small booster with 13/16 m cylyder and small plastic reservoir?

stilgar:body is steel but fenders are glass,obviously no help

peabody:yes it is in the for sale section check it out if you are interested and make me an offer http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124758

rubiconray:stock glovebox and grab handle rest is alum overlay.

I am going to edit my add because it is obviously pre 72 but post 69 so I'll call it a 71.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
feel along the top of the frame rails for the frame VIN . you can read it with a small mirror if you cant get your head in there. and sence we have no clue the exact year i cant give you a specific location :flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts