Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to use a 700r4 in my 4.3 powered Toy, in front of a D300 Tcase, Can I just use a later, pre 92 S10 700R4??? If it had a NP 231 it should have a 23 spline output into T case, right??? Ive heard things about the s10 700s being weaker, true???? Ive also heard, with a little work the stock adapter for a np231 will work with the D300 (One bolt hole doesnt line up?????)??? Any help would be appreciated. What would be the best (cheapest) combo to use, maybe even just respline the output shaft, bear in mind, I have no driveline length issues (actually a little length would be helpful in a D300 mounted to a 700r4 due to tranny/driveshaft clearance issues)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Not sure about the S-10 tranny being weaker, it should be the same internals as the fullsize. The only problem with a S-10 tranny would be if it came off a 2.8L it has a different bell housing bolt pattern. As far as which years, the newer the better. There were quite afew problems in the earlier styles, but they took care of most of them in the later tranny's. TCI is a good place to ask questions and find parts, they've got everything, and goog tech assistance.

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
I just did a ton of research before buying a 91 year model out of a 1/2 ton truck. The newer the better, the S10 models do use different internals, and the 4L60E is the same if you can get the electronics to go with it.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
get at least an 87 for most of the internal fixes. 90+ is better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts