Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the advantage of working for a bike shop and getting 20% off whole sale when I order directly from the suppliers.
My current ride…
07 Fisher paragon 29er frame
Rockshock reba 80mm fork
Avid juicy 7 brakes
XTR rear, XT front der
LX shifters
Race lite crank
FSA BB (sucks)
Race lite 29er wheels

Once you go 29er you’ll never go back. I consistently beat people on 5” and 6” travel full suspension bikes to the bottom of the mountain.

The Bontrager Jones tires that come stock on 29er fisher bikes suck. The sidewalls blow out in 2 or 3 rides and will leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere. Ask me how I know (this also happened to one of my coworkers and two customers). So if you buy a new 29er ask the dealer to swap out the tires with some IRCs or something other then what’s stock.

·
Registered
121 Posts
myeyesore said:
Old bike, 01 enduro, psylo xc (not a great fork), lx/xtr hayes hydros, weighs in at 28.75

New bike, just picked it up today after ordering in late august.

07 stumpjumper fsr elite
07 talas 100-140
rear triad
xt hollow tech II cranks
juicy 7
lx/ xtr
Dt wheels
weighs 29.32 (large)

How much travel is in the rear? Im thinking of selling my Santa Cruz VP Free for the enduro sl expert. So keep me posted on how the bike likes the rough stuff and big drops !!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've got a dozen different bikes.

-DMR Trailstar LT
-Eastern Foetus
-Haro Nyquist
-Trek Liquid 55
-Trek Session 77
-Trek Session 10
-Old Beater Giant Iguana(singlespeed fully rigid)

Couple pics.
Foetus:

Session 10

Session 77

10 and 77

Liquid, 77, and 10

DMR

I am a certified/professional bike mechanic so its only natural that I have a couple bikes, right?

-Kevin

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
rokhound21 said:
How much travel is in the rear? Im thinking of selling my Santa Cruz VP Free for the enduro sl expert. So keep me posted on how the bike likes the rough stuff and big drops !!!
Rear travel is 120mm.

This is the first FSR I've had, that being said, it is amazing what the bike can handle. Super smooth in the open position over everything on the way down, I don't do many large drops but off of burms and water diversions it lands soft as butter. In the propedal position I feel very limited bob, if any, and the rear tires stays pretty well planted. It climbs as well as my HT and weighs less than a pound more.

I was seriuosly consdiering the enduro sl's but the wait time is something like februrary for them I think, and they are running the proprietary shocks on them, which are supposed to be killer, but I've heard that the reason they are held up is because they are not happy with the shocks yet.

All in all, I'm super happy with the bike, and after about 20 miles, feel that it was the best bang for the buck I could find.

·
Registered
93 Posts
98 Schwinn homegrown custom
shimano XT brakes
XT front derailer
XTR rear derailer
King headset
race face seatpost and handelbar
Marzocchi Bomber fork
weighs 25lbs exactly w/ pedals

hopefully gonna get a new fork soon

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i ride a '02 Giant VT2-- slalom/4x bike
-custom tube specs through Giant's pro downhill team
-'03 Marzochhi Dirt Jumper 1
-Manitou Swinger 4-way coil
-Shimano XT disc brakes, 8" rotor front/6" rear
-Race Face North Shore ISIS cranks
-Sun Rims Singletrack wheels, XT disc rear hub, Sun Rim 20mm front
-Maxxis Lopes Bling Bling Dual tires
-MRP system 2 slalom chainguide
-SRAM X.0 drivetrain

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
2004 GIANT warp II
XT rear derailer
deore cranks
swingarm from different warp

Ive recked countless pedals
bent a crank
bent countless rims
cracked the swingarm
recked a rear derailer
Im needing to buy another bike! GIANT STP *DROOL*

·
Registered
447 Posts
2006 Morewood Ndiza ST
07 Fox 36 Talas
Fox RP23
Sram x9
King headset, HD hubs (pewter)
Singletrack Wheels
Saint Cranks and Brakes
DX pedals
Exiwolf tires
Thomson post and stem
ti fly saddle

pic is when I had deemaxxs, recently sold on ebay cuz the singletracks are way lighter with that king precision. Racing 4x this coming season.

http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/ae/12/65_1.JPG

·
Registered
121 Posts
Any one thinking or already ordered a Specialized Enduro SL expert? Im dying to try one out but none of the local shops are going to be getting one. Gotta buy it w out trying it, and thats never good for fit and function !

·
Registered
447 Posts
I wouldn't get one with that specd taiwan made dual crown fork, I mean really, do you really need that on an enduro. I marzocchi 66 or fox 36 is plenty stiff. Frankly, I think that fork is just another way to get a market hyped on something that doesn't need to be, not to mention the higher profit margins from not putting a genuine fox on it. Just my .02.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ptowntj said:
I wouldn't get one with that specd taiwan made dual crown fork, I mean really, do you really need that on an enduro. I marzocchi 66 or fox 36 is plenty stiff. Frankly, I think that fork is just another way to get a market hyped on something that doesn't need to be, not to mention the higher profit margins from not putting a genuine fox on it. Just my .02.
Its always cheaper to buy a bike kit than to build it up, then sell the parts for parts you think will work better. I agree the 66 is probably a better fork and I definitely need the travel as well as stiffness. I have a vp free w 8.5" out back and 7" up front and I love using all of it but I want to be able to climb w the best of them again as well as bomb back down, so Im selling it and hoping this Enduro SL will fit the bill.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Next-max24,7005 series. Aluminum frame, 24 inch wheel size, Silver/orange/black. Rear indexing twist grip gear changing system, front shocks. Lu Jin Suspension(rear). I don't have any pics right now, I will later

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Just dusted the old girl off since they built some new single track by the house and my kids are getting older...'95 Fisher Procal with vintage XTR and all of the OS Ti bling...23 pounds of rigid glory! I had to put on a few new things as the drop to the bars was killing my old carcass!

·
Registered
101 Posts
'07 Santa Cruz Heckler, with an '07 Fox Vanilla R fork, Manitou Swinger 4 way coil, mavic UST disk wheels, Avid Juciy 7's, King headset, Answer Carbon riser bar, RaceFace outboard bearing cranks, XT-XTR Drivetrain. Also have an 01 Santa Cruz Chameleon, set up old school, with the marzocchi SuperFly, RaceFace Next LP cabon cranks, Syncro's Cattlehead stem and bar, RaceFace head set, Airline 1 wheels with NukeProof hubs (built by me), XT-XTR.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts