Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at puting in new exhaust system for my 82 toy pickup 22R I am replacing manifold to tip. If I was to have a shop do it what would be a reasonable price? I was quoted by Midas $1100.00 (thats too much for me and didnt include cat) If its too expensive I'm going to do it myself. Anyone know of any good websites with parts or someone here can sell me a whole system cheap??
I have searched around and there seems to be only one auto parts site with a bunch of diff names. oh and JC whitney...
Any help would be great
Thanks
Jason

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Open header The best ;)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha I live in California, I dont think I can do that. And my wife doesnt like it being as noisy as it is now...

·
Registered
51 Posts
i am running an LC Engineering Header, which i think i bought from them directly for around $500, and then i put an flowmaster muffler on it which, i got for dirt cheap cuz my uncle owns a shop...but all in all, i did it myself and spend bout $550 with all the tubing and muffler, i also have no cat on there

·
Registered
126 Posts
I picked up a Headly(or something like that) header for the 20R in my celica about 2 years ago.

It works pretty nice, and it only set my back about $250 cannuck bucks. As far as exhaust work, I got quoted about $300 for the pipe work (no muffler) from a local exhaust place...$1100 seems mightly high

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kr4zy said:
i am running an LC Engineering Header, which i think i bought from them directly for around $500, and then i put an flowmaster muffler on it which, i got for dirt cheap cuz my uncle owns a shop...but all in all, i did it myself and spend bout $550 with all the tubing and muffler, i also have no cat on there
Your uncle still own the shop? I need a deal..haha jk.
So is your setup a bolt on or did you weld it up?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I paid a hundred bucks to have it run from the front all the way back, with just a cheap turbo type muffler and a down turn. Just 2" pipe and no cat. I am just running the stock manifold, he just cut it off right at the bottom of the front pipe and ran tubing back and welded it all in. I thought a $100 was a good price, now seeing they wanted $1100 at Midas I am thinking $100 was a damn good price.

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
I'm in to my setup about 300 bucks. Thorley header, turbo muffler and 2" pipe all the way. Just did it myself:) .

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
SeaBass44 said:
wow, this topic has never came up on pirate4x4 before.............is it tuesday yet CRASH?

Aw shit... I thought it was tuesday. I retract my prior statement and point towards the SEARCH button.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
SeaBass44 said:
wow, this topic has never came up on pirate4x4 before.............is it tuesday yet CRASH?
I would look but how do I use google?

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Richard said:
you can build one yourself for about $100.00
But if you wanna wheel in the state of washington then you had better toss that cherry bomb away....

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
GA86yota said:
hows that cherry bomb muffler with emissions ??
Spend your money on a header - non-pacesetter - before you do anything.

How exactly does a muffler impact emmissions? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
999 Posts
when i had my exhaust done on my 4.3 it only cost be 400 w cat and muffler from the manifolds back where are you located??

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
hows that cherry bomb muffler with emissions ??
How exactly does a muffler impact emmissions?
Trying to figure that out myself!!!!!! I guess if you have a real restritrive system, it does not let the exhaust out, no exhaust out, no pollution!!!!!:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts