Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i have no fuse box in my jeep. i need to get one but i don't know what to get. everything is wired up and it starts and everything (only tried it once, didn't want to fry it all) but i just need to get everything to a box. its got a 289 in it and i don't have much electronics in it, just the stock gauges, front and rear lights, maybe a radio in the future. whats vehicle would have a good fuse box that i could put in there? none of the electrical system is stock. thanks

oh yeah i searched and couldn't find anything

·
Banned
7,871 Posts
Nissan (car I believe it was) has A nice little fuse bank that is a straight strip of about 15 with no blinker crap on it so it's really compact...
It's real clean and bolts flush to the sheet metal. Nissan is also good source for relay's too...
-Kerry

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Any rice burner with an underhood fuse box. I've used both subaru and toyota. Both of them had a few relays and no turn signal stuff in them.

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
1RUSTYRIG said:
Just say no to Rice! I second the Waytek fuse box.
Th waytek box looks fine if you don't want relays in the same box. the nice thing about the underhood riceburner boxes is that they are weather resistant and have the relays built right in. Makes a nice compact and cheap package - got mine for $5

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i'm not sure how i'm going to ask this...but:

ok, say i get a box out of a nissan that holds both fuses and relays. it has a rats nest of wiring that comes along with as well. i will not splice wires into the short lengths of wire that come out of the box (it is against my engineering principles). how do i go about removing the female spade connectors that are in the back side of the box and where do i get new ones to put on the ends of the new wire i run into there? are there special tools?

after typing this, i thought that maybe Waytec has all i'd need. but, someone else is probably wondering the same thing. so here i post.

matt

·
Banned
7,871 Posts
jeepnmatt said:
i'm not sure how i'm going to ask this...but:

ok, say i get a box out of a nissan that holds both fuses and relays. it has a rats nest of wiring that comes along with as well. i will not splice wires into the short lengths of wire that come out of the box (it is against my engineering principles). how do i go about removing the female spade connectors that are in the back side of the box and where do i get new ones to put on the ends of the new wire i run into there? are there special tools?

after typing this, i thought that maybe Waytec has all i'd need. but, someone else is probably wondering the same thing. so here i post.

matt
if it's against you principles just buy after market,the price would be about the same when all is said and done.
I soldered and shrink wrapped with sticky tube because I like my money,and I didn't like the quality of the after market crap that I found.
You can get sticky shrink tube that seals when it's shrunk at your local electronics store(not Raido Shack)

·
Registered
427 Posts
the one I put in my 59 is out of a suzuki sami...........
It mounted easy and is some what water proof.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
mine is made from fuse blocks that I got at the electronics store for $3 each. Each block holds 6 or 7 cylindrical fuses (not a fan of the spade style). I have another one that holds 2 for the hot stuff, like the CB, and headlights. I mounted them in the glovebox (M38 has this on the right side) and covered them with thin clear plastic to avoid electrical fires. (been there, done that) Each block has one in that joins all the fuses and then they go to individual outs via screws.
This may sound getto, but it is a very clean setup, and it is up out of harms way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts