Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1974 FJ40 F Engine 3spd on the Floor

According to the current owner....

Here's the pictures. I can start it and it will idle perfect, but I just can't seem to get everything adjusted to get it to run well, but it was running great up until about a month ago. All of a sudden it just went to backfiring and sputtering. I know it just needs the carb and distributor and maybe the timing adjusted. I've driven it all over the place, so I know it runs
These are the pics he sent me via email. he lives here, so I can get more if I need. i am a 4runner man, and know nothing about LC's, so give me some honest help here....
I am seriously considering selling my 02 Tundra and buying another (cheaper) vehicle.
Would this make a good Daily Driver?
This truck is in Texas, by the way... Previously a California Vehicle.

What should I check, andy hints and tips?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes you are right... the pics are not from the same time.. however, I know where the truck is and can drop in at any time he said. (He went to H.S. with my wife....)

So I am rethinking the DD part and actually leaning towards buying it for my wife as her rig now.. (Would I reallywant to drive a baby blue truck? No... but she is a North Carolina fan. ;) )

so.. just as a 'toy' purchase... what is one of these worth in this condition?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.