Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I believe to be a 77 Scout II with 304 auto and I think T18 but dont know has no axels or seats. Needs little work but could be a verry cool project.

·
Registered
267 Posts
it has a dana 20 TC...a t18 is a manual

its not worth anything around here, when the axles are gone I tell people that i'l take it away for a $100..yes they pay me to take it away.

bone yards dont even want them,miller compressing will give me about $5 for one with no trans,TC or axles

my advice pull the TC and trans sell them on ebay and use the money to pay the disposal fee

·
Registered
267 Posts
let me qualify my comment...I'm in the midwest...there is no such thing as a clean body left in the midwest

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
muskyman said:
it has a dana 20 TC...a t18 is a manual

its not worth anything around here, when the axles are gone I tell people that i'l take it away for a $100..yes they pay me to take it away.

bone yards dont even want them,miller compressing will give me about $5 for one with no trans,TC or axles

my advice pull the TC and trans sell them on ebay and use the money to pay the disposal fee

Ditto - our scrap yard is giving $5.00 for a car.
It almost doesn't pay to take some ones junk from them anymore. But I still do it :D

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Around here, we get about $1 per 100lbs. I got a little over $12 for an '80 SII tub and frame (no top, no front clip). My net weight on the ticket was a little over 1200lbs.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
TORC said:
Around here, we get about $1 per 100lbs. I got a little over $12 for an '80 SII tub and frame (no top, no front clip). My net weight on the ticket was a little over 1200lbs.
IIRC, Steve mentioned that when they rebodied Aubrey's Scout they hauled the remains in to the scrap yard.

I don't remember the details, but it was something like $15 for the scrap, and $25 for the trailer rental. :D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I just hauled my donor truck over the scales minus the frame, axles and motor/xfer and got a whopping 71 cents and we loaded up the tub with other scrap steel lying around the shop. It was a '77 SSII God rest its sole.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i get $2.50 a 100 pounds. most people around here get $1.75. i get extra cause i bring them alot of stuff. HOWEVER i won't haul for less than $3.00 a hundred. not worth the time nor the effort for less than $3. when people haul for such low prices that is why they stay low. why would they raise the prices if people will still bring it for $1 a hundred. i haven't hauled anything in 2 years because of the shitty prices. as a result i now have about 500 cars and trucks mucking up the homeplace. i won't even go and pick them up anymore, people have to bring them to me....unless it is something good.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts