Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a 1988 4runner, V-6 (engine might be bad, no/low compression in one cylinder) 5-speed manual transmission (good condition). The doors are good but other panels are dinged up a little bit. Any input would be super helpful. I can get the whole thing for 800$, maybe less. I just want to turn a profit on parts or the whole. Any help would be huge.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i would do it. you dont find many good deals like that so when you find one, you gotta jump on it

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone have approxiamte amounts that they have paid for used parts on one of these? mainly transmisionm, axles, body panels,

thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thought i would ask one more time.....

thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
You may or may not get help on this board for this question. This collective group likes to deal with hard-core rock-crawling issues. There are other venues where you will not get beat up so bad. 4x4 wire is one of them.

Good Luck

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just buy it and part it out. Since you're getting a good deal pass on the deals to potential customers when you do sell the parts. It's all about helping people out bro!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"bro"
i dont mind passing along the deals, and thanks for the edmonds and kbb links. those are pretty obvious places to look too bad they wont tell me the value of a used 5 speed toyota transmission.

one more thanks to all the users who love to remind everyone how hard core they are. thanks......i care.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
NW-sickboy said:
"bro" they wont tell me the value of a used 5 speed toyota transmission. .
About 100-300 depending on miles and condition and if all complete...and thats just for the 5 speed for the 22re, I feel the v6 would be the same ball park...
Ofer the person $500 then part it out...

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
a little story

to start with $800 is a little high

I did the same thing you thinking about doing. I bought a 88 sr5 v6, 5speed 4runner for $500. The one I bought was paritially parted out already(no top or seats). I made a little money on the deal and keep some parts for myself:D . If you don't like dealing with shipping DON'T buy it or if you DON'T like taking things apart DON'T buy it. here's a list of things I sold off of it and the price I got for them. I sold everything here on this great web site:D

$runner parts list

1) steering box......$110 shiped...........-$25 shipping

2) tranny..............$100.....delivered

3) console out of truck.........$20...shipped.......-$8 shipping

4) instrument cluster...........$45.....shipped

5)front drive line.........$30+ $14 shipping

6)rear driveline...............$30+ $17 shipping

6) power steering bracket........$25....shipped.........-$7 shipping

7) doors..............$75........picked up

8) tilt colum..........$50............picked up

9) V6 motor and computer........$140.......picked up

10) rear springs..............$30..........delivered

11)rear pannels..............$50...............delivered

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5spd, TOY2,

thanks for the super useful info. especially toy2. that is why i liike this site. even though i wheel a landcruiser and dd a 4ruuner, i knew somebody had done this and could pass along some useful info.

later
nw-sickboy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts