Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
81 scrambler with full hard top. It's bone stock except for tranny and solid rear axle. Engine was rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago. 155,000 miles total

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
value of any Jeep....location location location ok maybe condition too, and maybe how good a sales person you are.
This is a very hard core question.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
258 WITH HEAVY DUTY 4 SPEED, FULL HARD TOP, PU TOP & BIKINI, FULL HARD DOORS AND SOFT HALF DOORS, FOLDING REAR SEAT, ORIGINAL CONDITION LOCATED IN LIVERMORE, CA.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Where's the rust? ;)

I'd bet you have some somewhere if everything is original.

I paid $4500 for mine about 3 years ago. Mostly stock but with a slight lift and 33s. It has what I consider very little rust. Some in the bed in the back corners. I also had to put a tranny on it early on, but it looks like you have that taken care of already.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Probably worth around $10K. That's what a buddy of mine just paid for one all stock w/ low miles, mostly towed behind a moterhome & probably never off road. I ususally see them for 8 - 13K for nice ones close to stock around here (just across the bay). They seem to be worth 50% more than a comprable CJ7.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Scrambler value

I'd guess it's worth around $8K. I live near you (Sacramento). Getting a buyer for it is a matter of timing. I sold a CJ-5 with 36K original miles (small lift, 33's) for $6600. Yours should be worth more. Many buyers don't know where to find the good jeep deals. As a result, you can get more for yours!

I saw a 98 TJ, 4.0 sell for $4500! Yep, you can find anything if you look hard enough...:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
CJ-Jeeper said:
Probably worth around $10K. That's what a buddy of mine just paid for one all stock w/ low miles, mostly towed behind a moterhome & probably never off road. I ususally see them for 8 - 13K for nice ones close to stock around here (just across the bay). They seem to be worth 50% more than a comprable CJ7.
Quiet Wayne.
Ill give you 2500 bucks

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
GarScramb said:
Where's the rust? ;)

I'd bet you have some somewhere if everything is original.

I paid $4500 for mine about 3 years ago. Mostly stock but with a slight lift and 33s. It has what I consider very little rust. Some in the bed in the back corners. I also had to put a tranny on it early on, but it looks like you have that taken care of already.

We live in inland California. It is not uncommon to find 76 up CJ's with no rust at all. I have an '81 Scrambler with no rust whatsoever. Mine is a triple black with less than 100K it has perfect upholstery, auto, A/C, both hardtops, half cab and full, the "laredo" package, so it is loaded. It needs a a repaint and some resto work so though it isn't perfect it won't be an endless task to make it so. It needs cosmetics. (Unfortunately my wife had a car pull out in front of her last night and now the frames needs fixing. :() These things make a huge difference in price. Plus whatever $ you spend to make it non stock will cost you as much or more off the value. So a $500 lift kit equals take $500 off the price. It was sold recently to a prior owner for $12,500.

Rust has a huge affect on price. Your idea of very little rust likely would mean nearly worthless to me. Rust, options, and cosmetics are the biggest factors in the price equation.

So for the guy in Livermore, Exactly what options does it have? A/C? Chrome/"Laredo" package? How does it look? If you want to call me 800-504-5337 I can help you determine a realistic price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts