Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin for some honest opinions here...
I have a 2000 4dr Z71 tahoe, blue in color, gray interior, and just put new tires on. Heres the prob, Ive taken it to three different shops and they cant find the source of an engine problem or electrical problem it has. I think its electrical cause at one point fuel gauge needle couldnt stay still, it would move back and forth bout an 1/8 of an inch, like it was shivering... I can think of the right word to describe it. And after installing brand new o2 sensors, it would tell the local mechanics computer that that was the problem. Another shop said it was the #4 cylinder, and that the whole motor needed to be replaced, and another said it was the head. But after this last time at the shop, I drove it home, and it drove nice, it just seems to studder around 1500-2000 rpm, but only sometimes... I dont really have any other choice but to sell it cause I cant smog it due to the truck sayin it needs service. And I dont want to drop the cash to put a new motor in, just to find out that wasnt it... Can any one either tell me what they think its honestly worth, or maybe a clue as to the problem

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have to take it over to the mechanic to get the code. That prolly woulda been good to know, but I was in a hurry cause I was tryin to get over to get it smogged...

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
ill give ya 2 bucks for it.

you pay the gas to get it here though..

·
Registered
731 Posts
Pm me the exact trouble codes, all of them from every shop, if they dont record them, stop going to those dirtbag shops and get it scanned again and send me the numbers.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, first shop it was taken to was where it was bought - Carmax... in roseville

next was a small shop in elverta... but before throwin stones, the dude who owns the shop has done alot of great work for my dads company trucks... and I watched him pull his brand spankin new code checker... sorry Im havin a brain fart on what its called, and plug in and he showd me the results, he told me if I had any probs he'd check the codes again for me, I just dont have a way to get it down there right now.

this last shop was Mike daugherty... they were so dumb they left the glove compartment open and I showd up to pick up a dead truck, on top of the fact that they pulled some of the plastics off the engine and didnt replace them... I was just so done with their work and length of time to do the work, that I just wantd to get the truck off the property.

dont get me wrong, Im not tryin to bash these companies, I just had a bad experience...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Ive got a 2000 z71 tahoe as well. In the year 2000 they changed the Tahoe body style halfway thru. Is it the older style with the 350 or the newer rounded style with the smaller 5.3ish??? I cant help any but it could help clarify for someone who knows what the hell they are talking about.
Good luck
Secondly, if you sell the truck as is, we need to know the mileage for other critical componants.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its the old body... and its got somewhere in the ballpark of 130,000

I'd like to get $4,000 to 4,500 but.... who knows

·
Registered
822 Posts
the fuel pumps and sending units are problematic on those vehicles. that is where i would start. especially with the fuel needle acting crazy. since you're having such a hard time getting it fixed take it to the dealership.

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
I'd also vote on a fuel pump. Get the pressure checked, and take it to a dealer since they know what they are working on. They may be more expensive, but they also specialize in the brand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts