Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to the jambo, and it's my first time to the hammers.so what can i expect? how for is the nearest store,food,beer.and is there a creek there for showers with my onboard shower or do i need to bring water

·
Registered
583 Posts
Bring water! Cause you aren't going to find any out there. The store isn't too far away, maybe like 10 -20 miles. Either Yucca Valley, or Lucerne Valley for a store.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
well your 7 miles from pavement...

21 miles from lucerne

and if you head towards yucca there's a beer/ice store about 5-6 miles on teh pavement...

water and shade?? if you don't bring it you won't have it ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
however much water you think is enought,double that.we went last year and we felt like we were going to die(only brought one jug of water and after the first day it was hot).but we also didn't bring any shade,tents get way to hot to lay in sitting out there

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hammers

Food /Beer - about 10 miles south on 247 - Hero's Market. Closes at 8 or 9. Have excellent food.
or -about 20 miles south to Yucca Valley - Stater Brothers, Vons, all kind of resturants - most open unti 9 ish. AutoZone is open until 8.
Creek to wash in - only for a dust bath
Water - minimum of 2 gallons per day per person just for drinking.
Drink lots of water. Especially if you are drinking beer. You will dehydrate and with the heat (100 is not uncommon - ask those who were there last year) I have seen many a visitor to the hi desert get very sick.
And nights can get very cold, especially if the wind pick up on the lake bed (as it always seems to).
Blue Coyote - Yucca Valley resident

·
Registered
455 Posts
what a bunch of pussies
:flipoff2: 100 aint shit
the shop i work at is 100 degrees+ all summer long

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
a CREEK... LOL!!!!

You'll see why I find that very funny!

The only moisture I have ever seen there is at the mud hole... and I think the only way it gets moisture is from motor homes dumping their tanks into it!:eek:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
LOL unless you're lucky enough to catch a thunderstorm (absolutely BEAUTIFULL to watch in the evening BTW) the only wetness you'll have is what you bring with you. It does get wet occasionally, flash floods through the washes etc. I have a photo of myself lying around someplace, 7 years old out there standing in a muddy wash :D

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
toy 4 rox said:
.and is there a creek there for showers with my onboard shower or do i need to bring water

LOL BAHAHAHAHAHA OK FAWKER NOW THAT IS FUNNY. I SPIT COFEE ALL OVER MY SCREEN WHEN I READ THAT.

ok for all that don't know.

the hammers is in the middle of the mohave desert. you will be camping on a dry lake bed. there is nothing but rocks,sand and rocks for miles in every direction. ok so i lied, i did see a bug once but that was about 2 years ago. nearest store is about 10 miles away. nearest parts store is about 30 miles. nearest meth lab is probally 4 miles :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: whats near the hammers

camo said:

LOL BAHAHAHAHAHA OK FAWKER NOW THAT IS FUNNY. I SPIT COFEE ALL OVER MY SCREEN WHEN I READ THAT.

ok for all that don't know.

the hammers is in the middle of the mohave desert. you will be camping on a dry lake bed. there is nothing but rocks,sand and rocks for miles in every direction. ok so i lied, i did see a bug once but that was about 2 years ago. nearest store is about 10 miles away. nearest parts store is about 30 miles. nearest meth lab is probally 4 miles :flipoff2:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: question answered

·
Registered
5,815 Posts

camo said:

nearest meth lab is probally 4 miles :flipoff2:
I don't think it's that far :D :D :flipoff2: :D

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts

camo said:

ok so i lied, i did see a bug once but that was about 2 years ago. :flipoff2:
I found a baby Rattlesnake under my ice chest as I was packing up at the last Jambo!:eek:

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Re: Re: Re: whats near the hammers

TurtleTruck said:

I found a baby Rattlesnake under my ice chest as I was packing up at the last Jambo!:eek:
Probably the same one that was under my dually when I got there last year. Have also seen a fox at the campsite, kinda cool :D :D .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts