Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched, but anybody have results

Where do you find a proven 2" body lift for 85 4runner?
Do I just go to 4WPW pay $+ for kit, any problems with those?or is there something else :confused:

Installing 4.3 and 36 TSL's

Rather not cut up body

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
why are you going with a bodylift? $65 is a good deal on one, but if you just want it to go bigger tires, the sawzal lift is the better way to go.

·
Registered
24,964 Posts
I will recommend Roger Browns lifts, mine should be on my porch as we speak :D

Here's the page:
4Crawlr's page

His lifts are basically custom, tell him what you want, what material, what size, what hardware, it'll come that way. I payed $137 for the 2 inch lift and poly bushings, good materials...

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pazuzu said:
I will recommend Roger Browns lifts, mine should be on my porch as we speak :D

Here's the page:
4Crawlr's page

His lifts are basically custom, tell him what you want, what material, what size, what hardware, it'll come that way. I payed $137 for the 2 inch lift and poly bushings, good materials...
:eek: Wow , those are impresive. I may use those.
I spoke to him a few weeks ago but obviously didn't get the details.
Cheers:beer:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here is what you want to do. Buy your body lift but don't brace it where the body lift spacers meet the cab. Then while you are out wheeling you here at slight creak and then suddenly you are sitting at a slight angle. Get out to check it out and find out that the body lift the previous owner had put on was such a hack job that on one side of the cab, the spacers actually went through the floor board, thus making one side of the body body-lifted and the other side not. In the process, the fenderwells in the engine compartment crack where they meet the firewall. That being said, I have never cared for body lifts since.

·
Registered
446 Posts
tuckn18s said:
Here is what you want to do. Buy your body lift but don't brace it where the body lift spacers meet the cab. Then while you are out wheeling you here at slight creak and then suddenly you are sitting at a slight angle. Get out to check it out and find out that the body lift the previous owner had put on was such a hack job that on one side of the cab, the spacers actually went through the floor board, thus making one side of the body body-lifted and the other side not. In the process, the fenderwells in the engine compartment crack where they meet the firewall. That being said, I have never cared for body lifts since.
Dude...what's the difference between your cab riding on stock body mounts or aftermarket ones that are an 1" or so taller?:rolleyes: Even if you don't have a body lift, you still have the same components on your truck. It was the installtion you had a problem with, not the body lift.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have always used Performace Accessories body lifts without problems. Like $65 or $70 bucks. I never knew about Rogers body lifts....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Go Brown!

I have always used Performace Accessories body lifts without problems. Like $65 or $70 bucks. I never knew about Rogers body lifts....
Performance Accessories has always delivered bad kits (for other vehicles) on all the ones I've seen....about 6 kits. Missing parts, wrong parts, too many parts, no instructions, etc.

Roger Brown is the man....I've got his 2" BL and it was flawless. Hardware can be upgraded for minimal costs. And he even coated my pucks Black :D Seriously though, wouldn't you rather support someone who actually spends the time to develop good products for Toyotas?? Keep the faith in the bloodline. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
275 Posts
jrussell said:

Dude...what's the difference between your cab riding on stock body mounts or aftermarket ones that are an 1" or so taller?:rolleyes: Even if you don't have a body lift, you still have the same components on your truck. It was the installtion you had a problem with, not the body lift.

Maybe I didn't explain my story quite clear enough. Mind you.......
the body lift was 3 inches! The spacers were present under the front mounts, spacers present on passenger side, spacers all the way through the floor on the driver's side! I don't know what you are thinking, but that puts some stress on the cab (enough to do some cracking) Didn't I mention that the previous owner installed the body lift? Yeah I think I did

·
Registered
13,838 Posts
tuckn18s said:
Maybe I didn't explain my story quite clear enough. Mind you.......the body lift was 3 inches! The spacers were present under the front mounts, spacers present on passenger side, spacers all the way through the floor on the driver's side! I don't know what you are thinking, but that puts some stress on the cab (enough to do some cracking) Didn't I mention that the previous owner installed the body lift? Yeah I think I did
Man we don't care. The question was "WHAT BODY LIFT SHOULD I LOOK FOR?" Not how did the previous owner of your truck screw you over.

Toy4crawlin.. Go for the Brown setup. Looks very nice. Wish I would have known about his products when I did mine.

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
I had a 2" Perfomance body lift until I had to chop it to lower my body because I made the XO to close to the sheetmetal in a few places and it was vibrating to beat hell on the freeway. Then I removed the XO and just made my own 2 1/8" spacers out of Polyurethane rod. Seems to be working good for me. The reason why I added and 1/8" was for my 2 1/4" gas tank lift so my sheetmetal couldn't touch the top of the tank. Now time to design my 1.00-1.50" drivetrain lift.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Go Brown!

Ishikawa said:

Performance Accessories has always delivered bad kits (for other vehicles) on all the ones I've seen....about 6 kits. Missing parts, wrong parts, too many parts, no instructions, etc.

Roger Brown is the man....I've got his 2" BL and it was flawless. Hardware can be upgraded for minimal costs. And he even coated my pucks Black :D Seriously though, wouldn't you rather support someone who actually spends the time to develop good products for Toyotas?? Keep the faith in the bloodline. :flipoff2:
And 4 Ishikawa, Well Said , bravo
supporting our fellow builders and supporters

Roger is a cool guy. Quite amazing all the tips he writes for all to see.
Hip hip hurray, Cheers:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Ri

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Roger is definetly the way to go. Got his 2" body and it is flawless. No extras that you dont need and everything you do.
Of course I was checking his site tonight and found out he has seat lifts now too. :D Think I got to get me a set of those too.

so ingenious.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I have one sitting in my garage (3") Its made from a Solid tube of steel, with a hole drilled in the middle. I'd put it on, but a 5" suspension and 3" body is more than i really care to run, and it would make my 33"s look really fawking small :laughing:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts