Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
smashed my old cherokee and i'm gonna put the rear lift on my new one but all they had on the front was pieces welded between the coil spring and body to give about 4 inches a little less of lift. anything else i can buy or do to give it this much lift without welding spacers like this in, longer springs i could buy or something.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds like your looking for something cheap. I would go with a set of rustys springs. They seem to be one of the cheapest on the market and are decent quality.

www.rustysoffroad.com

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
nope nothing. maybe you should try a body lift

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
The springs are cheap, it's all the other stuff that will add up. What are you going to do about your sway bar, steering corrections, control arms, ect...

If you don't have the money to lift it the correct, safe way, don't lift it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my old one only has those spacers welded in and the sway bar is taken off, thats all that is done for the lift and i've had no troubles with it. didnt even find it drove rough and the steering wasnt all that bad. the only thing i had to replace withing a year was the track bar. so y not do it the cheap way if it works and save money?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
because it will ride like ass, won't flex worth a shit, and is dangerous. its the same reason you don't put a 5" in block in the rear, it doesn't do anything for you other than jack your rear up. if you want a jeep that performs how it should, talk to the guys on this site and listen to their advice. If you want a jeep that looks good, but would get showed up by a honda civic off road, try jeepforum.com or pavementsucks.com, they're a little bit more into mall crawling

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
like i said my old one drove good no complaints i never had any problems or found it dangerous. i dont really care about flex all i use it for is mud holes and only use it on weekends. we dont have alot of rock crawling and stuff like that around here, but anyway i never came on here to argue just to get some advice.

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
like i said my old one drove good no complaints i never had any problems or found it dangerous. i dont really care about flex all i use it for is mud holes and only use it on weekends. we dont have alot of rock crawling and stuff like that around here, but anyway i never came on here to argue just to get some advice.
sounds like you got all the advice you need. If you wanna do it cheap obviously spacers and blocks will work. As expected you may run into trackbar issues and maybe death wobble, but you seem well aware of the consequences :shaking:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
bingo, my piece has been said, its his jeep, I just hope it doesn't live near me, it's real easy to loose control of a xj at highway speeds with a really bad case of death wobble.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts